E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > DA Power System leaving marks from pad

05-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #1
JasW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is E93 6MT

Garage List
DA Power System leaving marks from pad

I recently purchased the DA power system and used it for the first time today after washing my car, first doing a polish and then a wax. I realized I must have been replenishing the pad with the Ultimate Polish too frequently because it took forever to buff out. I went a lot more easily with the Ultimate Liquid Wax and that went more smoothly.

When I took the car out of the garage into the sun to inspect for any missed bits of wax still on the car, I noticed the stuttering, swirling wheel marks from the foam pad up and down the front hood from (I presume) the firm pressure of applying the polish with the DA system. I was unable to buff them out.

I imagine whenever I wash again, I can apply the polish by hand and try and get them out that way, but that seems to be defeating the whole purpose of buying the DA system. Any idea what I did wrong? Too much pressure? Too little and too much polish?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #2
slimxb8
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Pick up some meguires 105 and 205.
The 105 will get out scratches, but lightly make its own scratches....

Then use 205 to "jewell" the paint.

You need different pads for the diff steps. Also to do a whole car I use 8 pads at least. Once they get saturated I put on a new one. 2 to 3 panels per pad. Once it's full it won't cut as good... the pad does a lot of the work too.

You could have picked up debris if you didn't clay bar after washing...

I wax by hand after those steps.

Look up junkman on youtube...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #3
Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

what was the temperature? did you do this outside or inside?
what manufacturer is the ultimate polish?
what da, what pad, what speed?
got pictures of what you are speaking about?
it almost sounds like you either dry buffed or had to much pressure and polish dried out...
Appreciate 0