E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > 22ple VS1 Final Coat

04-17-2016, 07:16 PM   #1
slimxb8
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
22ple VS1 Final Coat

Ok so what's the trick with this stuff?
I've tried this stuff before and after the coating and it's by far the worst stuff ever. All it does is leave greasy streaks. I tried using 4 new cloths and still can't get it off. Finally I used some poor boys detail spray to clean it up. For $50 I want to be able to use it lol...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #2
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Please explain your exact process... how much are you applying? How are you applying it? How big of a spot are you working on at a time? Are you letting it dwell/dry before removing? Any information you can provide will help me to help you.

I just did a demo of this product for a customer yesterday when they were picking their car up and it is a breeze to use in most cases... there have been a few cases where I have had troubles with it, but it is almost always on freshly coated jet black cars. Once a coating has been completely cured (as in weeks later) I have not encountered issues with VS1.

I apply it by spraying a couple of light mists onto a microfiber towel or microfiber applicator, then spread it over a small area and immediately wipe off with another clean towel. The trick is to use very little product. If you use too much it will be a pain (the same goes with most coating topper products).

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 01:25 PM   #3
slimxb8
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Well I tried a couple different methods... 1st was 2 or 3 mists on the mf. Wiped on, flipped towel a few times to dry. Looked ok till saw sun in it and it was swirl city. Went thru a few mfs trying to buff it off.

Also tried a spot misting it as well with same follow up.

About 15 min lapsed before I had to get the poor boys spray... and never did get it off before that.

Same results a few weeks ago before coating. Did half my trunk in wax and half vs1.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 02:50 PM   #4
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

...Let me see if I can get a video applying it here in the next week or so...

-Zach
Appreciate 0