E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPhone 5 / iOS 9.2.1 / Bluetooth Issue

03-01-2016, 04:48 PM   #1
rwmorey
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Convertible

iPhone 5 / iOS 9.2.1 / Bluetooth Issue

Hi --

I'm trying to connect my wife's iPhone 5 running iOS 9.2.1 to our 2012 BMW 325 convertible. The phone sees the car but I never get the password on th phone to enter into the car to pair the two devices.

Has anyone else experienced this? I was able to connect my Android phone without issue so I'm guessing this is probably an iOS problem but I thought I'd post my question here along with an iOS support forum.

Thanks

Rich
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
rwmorey
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Convertible

Hi -

I was able to get the iPhone connected via Bluetooth by following some tips on another forum about resetting some stuff on the phone.

However, I am not seeing any more functionality with the iPhone than I do with my Android phone. I was lead to believe that the car supported the iPhone more robustly than Android. Do I need to enabled the enhanced Bluetooth for additional functionality? I have the programming cable on order and thought it would arrive today but it didn't.

Thanks

Rich
Appreciate 0