E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Removing Armor-All sheen/smell

02-29-2016, 12:17 PM   #1
JJaber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

Removing Armor-All sheen/smell

I recently purchased a 2013 335i that is in perfect condition - however, the dealer decided to coat the interior in Armor-All (or something similar). Luckily, they only put it on the plastic bits (literally, every piece of plastic - even the trunk guard) of the interior but the smell is wayyyy too concentrated for my liking. The plastic panels look and feel gross as well.

What is the best way to get rid of of the shine/smell? So far, I ordered 303 Aerospace for non-leather and ChemicalGuys leather cleaner/conditioner for the leather bits.

I still need a cleaner for the plastics so any recommendations would be awesome!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 06:03 PM   #2
guru_method
Eating M3s for breakfast
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW 09 135i M

When I need to get interiors very clean what I use is a good quality All Purpose Cleaner diluted as per instructions. I used to buy specialized stuff from Detailer's Domain from Chemical Guys, but found that Simple Green works REALLY well and is readily available in any department store.

Dilute it to correct amount in a spray bottle, 10:1 if I remember. Spray on damp microfiber towl and wipe the areas. I use soft brushes on the steering wheel and seats to get all the dirt and oil off, and then wipe with microfiber. Gets rid of all the shine and gets a OEM satin finish every time. I do not let the panels stay wet with SG or let it dry, so wipe away any excess.

I also like to follow up with some Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer. It gives the surfaces protection but isn't glossy.
PURE STAGE 2 . JB4 G5 ISO . MHD FLASH . 100% E85 . FUEL IT! STG 3 . FUEL IT! PORT INJECTION . BMS DCI . EVO RACEWERKS CP W/SYNAPSE DV . WAGNER EVO 2 FMIC . RB INLETS . VTT OUTLET . ULTIMATE RACING DPs . M4 PLUGS . M FACTORY FLYWHEEL . HPF 3.5" EXHAUST

Last edited by guru_method; 02-29-2016 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #3
JJaber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

Thanks, i'll try Simple Green!
Appreciate 0