E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > FS: OEM 335i turbos

Closed Thread

02-29-2016, 09:34 AM   #1
Thatoneguy_335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 STi, 2010 R6 & a Celica :)

FS: OEM 335i turbos

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 475.00

Item Interest
I have a set of OEM turbos from an 07 335i that was wrecked in the back end, car was owned by an older guy who serviced the car every 7k miles with bmw oil, they have 48K miles on them per the cluster in the car.

The car was a jewel to find and looked new in 2015 when it got hit. I would like to sell them for what I paid and I will pay shipping (standard ground) within the lower 48.

No shaft play and very little rattle, the engine ran when they were pulled. But like any OEM turbo, there is always some kind of rattle from the material used on the wastegates.

Price includes shipping, just looking to get what I have invested, minus shipping.

Thanks

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited by Thatoneguy_335i; 03-02-2016 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: forgot the price
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #2
sevco
Rep
Drives: 335is dct, 2007 e90, JZZ30

I think you could ask more than $0.00/none
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #3
Thatoneguy_335i
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks for seeing this, I was in a hurry when I posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevco View Post
I think you could ask more than $0.00/none
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #4
Illicit
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

"But like any BMW turbo, there is always some kind of rattle."

There isn't supposed to be and the only way to fix the wastegates are replacing the turbos.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 09:12 AM   #5
Illicit
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

"But like any BMW turbo, there is always some kind of rattle."

There isn't supposed to be..And the only way to fix the wastegates is by getting new turbos.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #6
Thatoneguy_335i
Private
United_States
Rep

I understand your point but this is for people who don't want to pay a bunch of money for the same problem (because it was never fixed by BMW) or want to go back to stock from a larger set up or want to use these as a core for a set of RB turbos and not have their car down during the wait to get the new ones.

And not only BMW turbos rattle, should have edited that which I think I will. Audi, Mitsubishi (who makes the BMW turbines) as well as Subaru and countless others have the same problem but due to how exhausts bolt up to the turbos and how thick or thin the down pipe material is will determine how much of said rattle you can hear.

I have had plenty of OEM turbo cars and have heard rattle from the wastegates of most of them, not so much on the Subaru's as others like the BMW and Audi cars. Now after I upgraded to an aftermarket turbo, which is just made better and on a smaller scale which helps with quality, this was not an issue. Its just that simple.

I'm not saying that ALL OEM turbos rattle, and some more than others. Its the nature of the beast and plainly related to the design and products used.

So, with that being said, the turbos I have are in excellent condition, there is just a tad little bit of rattle when the flaps are cold, which usually results in little to no rattle when the material is hot and expanded and will serve their new owner well for what ever reason they would want them.

Thanks for your comment.

Last edited by Thatoneguy_335i; 03-02-2016 at 10:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2016, 09:33 AM   #7
Mattdrake27
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatoneguy_335i
I understand your point but this is for people who don't want to pay a bunch of money for the same problem (because it was never fixed by BMW) or want to go back to stock from a larger set up or want to use these as a core for a set of RB turbos and not have their car down during the wait to get the new ones.

And not only BMW turbos rattle, should have edited that which I think I will. Audi, Mitsubishi (who makes the BMW turbines) as well as Subaru and countless others have the same problem but due to how exhausts bolt up to the turbos and how thick or thin the down pipe material is will determine how much of said rattle you can hear.

I have had plenty of OEM turbo cars and have heard rattle from the wastegates of most of them, not so much on the Subaru's as others like the BMW and Audi cars. Now after I upgraded to an aftermarket turbo, which is just made better and on a smaller scale which helps with quality, this was not an issue. Its just that simple.

I'm not saying that ALL OEM turbos rattle, and some more than others. Its the nature of the beast and plainly related to the design and products used.

So, with that being said, the turbos I have are in excellent condition, there is just a tad little bit of rattle when the flaps are cold, which usually results in little to no rattle when the material is hot and expanded and will serve their new owner well for what ever reason they would want them.

Thanks for your comment.
PMd. I'm interested in the turbos.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 12:26 AM   #8
Thatoneguy_335i
Private
United_States
Rep

Sale pending, awaiting payment.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread