THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Recommend an alloy wheel wax/sealant.

02-22-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

I want to give my alloys a nice coat of protection. Last year I used Gtechnique C5 and it was expensive but lasted almost a year. I have been using Chemical Guys Wheel shine and wax but have to apply it every other month and I wondered if I could do better? I want something that protects the inside of the wheel and hard to reach parts.

Any recommendations and suggestions welcome.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 11:38 AM   #2
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

The next highest option is to have them coated with a high tech paint coating offered by a reputable detailer in your area.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #3
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Klasse works well and is pretty affordable. It holds up as well if not better than most high end sealants on many Independent tests. I coat my wheels and track wheels with it. All the dust rinses right off, coat about every 6-8 months.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

I'm thinking of coating my wheels when I finally get some so that they stay nice for at least 3 years. The coating will be thicker than the clear coat or powder coating.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 11:52 AM   #5
n0va
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

I use a layer of Chemical Guys Jet Seal on my alloys, it actually makes a pretty noticeable difference with break dust and dirt. I would recommend that to anybody.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 12:30 PM   #6
raydumasiabjj
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
I want to give my alloys a nice coat of protection. Last year I used Gtechnique C5 and it was expensive but lasted almost a year. I have been using Chemical Guys Wheel shine and wax but have to apply it every other month and I wondered if I could do better? I want something that protects the inside of the wheel and hard to reach parts.

Any recommendations and suggestions welcome.
Hi I know this is an old thread and not sure the route you decided on but CarPro HydrO2 is a spray sealant and a good option because you can get into the wheel barrels and small nooks and calipers without have to take the wheels off and it provides good protection up to 3 months. I usually reapply every 2 months and applying it is super easy.

A wheel coating is definitely going to be your best option though because depending on the coating lasts 1-2 years +. CarPro DLUX lasts about 1 year and you can buy it from CarPro and if you can find a certified detailer for professional grade like Cquartz Finest or Gyeon Mohs+ etc. they last longer.

Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #7
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Thanks I will definitely look into this at the end of the year. At the moment I have put on two coats of gtech
Appreciate 0