BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > HEA car available as of this posting.

02-17-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

HEA car available as of this posting.

Hey all,

I made contact with a dealer that I am working with and my CA said their HEA car is 100% available. Not sure of the asking price. I do NOT know if there is a market adjustment. I have no affiliation with this dealer. Actually I kinda hate the dealership and the sales manager.

When I was looking for my E36 M3 back in '99. They had an individual '98 Red (off a 5-series red), Modena Natur leather (two-toned), Style 24 wheel GORGEOUS! I inquired and asked for some help. The CA, now the sales manager, told me to go get my parents and then we could talk. I could've killed the guy. Left. Made some calls and picked up a '99 M3 a week later at another dealership. I made it a point to rub it in when I brought my car in for service without my parents. I looked young, but was 25 at the time. I was curb-side qualified!

Anyways, back on track.
Their HEA car is:
AW
Exec
DCT

Just landed in Baltimore yesterday

PM me if you are interested. I make no promises other than passing along this information as 100% accurate at the time of writing.
Appreciate 3
      02-18-2016, 08:33 AM   #2
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Bump for an available car.

Thanks for lookin' out with the dealer Caveat emptor
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2016, 08:42 AM   #3
Macphisto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M2

What exactly does 'HEA' mean?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 09:05 AM   #4
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybostonjack View Post
What exactly does 'HEA' mean?
It stands for 'Handler-Erst-Ausstattung', so basically first cars to be produced and aimed to be used as dealer demos.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #5
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

For anyone interested, this is a great find for anyone in OH.

Upon inquiry the OP and I (he did all the work lol) found out the following:

They will try to sell over MSRP for anyone that is not a local buyer.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 10:21 AM   #6
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian ///M View Post

Wish I had better news about the price. But it's available! This will be 1 of 3 cars they "supposedly" are getting for the year.

What I don't understand is 2/4 dealers I am talking to told me what their total MY16 allocation is. But as I understand it, they receive monthly allocations from BMW.

So what is it? Monthly, Bi-Monthly or yearly? Is this a trick to claim smaller supply? Can anyone on the supply chain side comment?

I will try to get y'all updated if anything develops.

Sorry again about the bad news, I just wanted to help get someone a car.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 01:21 PM   #7
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian ///M View Post

Wish I had better news about the price. But it's available! This will be 1 of 3 cars they "supposedly" are getting for the year.

What I don't understand is 2/4 dealers I am talking to told me what their total MY16 allocation is. But as I understand it, they receive monthly allocations from BMW.

So what is it? Monthly, Bi-Monthly or yearly? Is this a trick to claim smaller supply? Can anyone on the supply chain side comment?

I will try to get y'all updated if anything develops.

Sorry again about the bad news, I just wanted to help get someone a car.
AFAIK Allocations come out MONTHLY.

It seems dealers get word the last weekend of the month and can place the order the first week of the month.

It appears that the number of allocations they will receive through the year is also known- although likely at an owner or GM level.

Clearly some upper management is more transparent than others when it comes to providing allocation info to the entire sales floor.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 04:13 PM   #8
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

It seems dealers get word the last weekend of the month and can place the order the first week of the month.

It appears that the number of allocations they will receive through the year is also known- although likely at an owner or GM level.

Clearly some upper management is more transparent than others when it comes to providing allocation info to the entire sales floor.
I haven't been on the forum very long, so I not sure this matters. I talked to a dealer (specifically a CA who handles ED) on Monday. He told me to call him back at the end of March. He said they only had one car coming, but hinted they they may get more. He didn't even ask me for a deposit. I was going to check out some other dealers in my city, but have been sick; and haven't had a chance to this week.

This whole process is different & interesting. I've never tried to obtain a car this way before.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 04:18 PM   #9
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet
Quote:

I haven't been on the forum very long, so I not sure this matters. I talked to a dealer (specifically a CA who handles ED) on Monday. He told me to call him back at the end of March. He said they only had one car coming, but hinted they they may get more. He didn't even ask me for a deposit. I was going to check out some other dealers in my city, but have been sick; and haven't had a chance to this week.

This whole process is different & interesting. I've never tried to obtain a car this way before.
Sounds like the CA knows that they have an April allocation.

They can't place an order in the system til the first week of April.

Some dealers keep your info and take a deposit and keep it in their order bank before the allocation is available to place an order.

Other dealers appear to wait til the order can be placed and then when the allocation opens they place the order. This is why your dealer has asked you to call back end of March

If you are dealing with a General manager then you should be all set, because it sounds like that GM is keeping and handling special allocations.

If you are dealing with just a sales rep then just be aware that sometimes a dealer may have two sales reps thinking that they have the same car sold. To that end, make sure you definitely call in the last week of the March because at some point they will want a deposit.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #10
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Some dealers keep your info and take a deposit and keep it in their order bank before the allocation is available to place an order.

Other dealers appear to wait til the order can be placed and then when the allocation opens they place the order. This is why your dealer has asked you to call back end of March

If you are dealing with a General manager then you should be all set, because it sounds like that GM is keeping and handling special allocations.

If you are dealing with just a sales rep then just be aware that sometimes a dealer may have two sales reps thinking that they have the same car sold. To that end, make sure you definitely call in the last week of the March because at some point they will want a deposit.

Yeah, I will definitely call him. The funny thing is, I just talked to another dealer who wants to meet Monday, ready to take my deposit ($1,000) and configure my car. He acted like there was no waiting list and it wasn't a big deal, and said ED is different than regular sales.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 07:41 PM   #11
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I will definitely call him. The funny thing is, I just talked to another dealer who wants to meet Monday, ready to take my deposit ($1,000) and configure my car. He acted like there was no waiting list and it wasn't a big deal, and said ED is different than regular sales.
Not sure I follow you there.

The other dealer may have a March allocation ( next week is the last week of February) so they could have their HEA ( floor model ) allocation or a March allocation available as opposed to the first dealer which appears to have an April allocation.

Is the second dealer not willing to do ED?

Either way I would keep working with both until you have a production number
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 05:06 AM   #12
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The other dealer may have a March allocation ( next week is the last week of February) so they could have their HEA ( floor model ) allocation or a March allocation available as opposed to the first dealer which appears to have an April allocation.

I told the second dealer I wanted ED also. I told him I was surprised there were no waiting lists, and this is when he told me that ED was different. I'm actually not sure if he knows what he's talking about or what's going on. This dealership, from what I've read, is one of the high volume dealerships in my city and in the country, that's why I called them.

I will go talk to him, it can't hurt. I think he may just be trying to get me there to try and sell me something else, which is kind of annoying, but maybe I'll get lucky.

I'm not really that experienced in trying to buy a high demand enthusiast car this early. This forum has been real helpful.

I was kind of banking on the fact that not many everyday people know about this car. I'm not far from Atlanta, which is a fairly big city that does have some car enthusiast communities, but it's not New York or CA. When lurking this forum, I've only seen a couple of guys from ATL who are on waiting lists for the M2.
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2016, 07:10 AM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I told the second dealer I wanted ED also. I told him I was surprised there were no waiting lists, and this is when he told me that ED was different. I'm actually not sure if he knows what he's talking about or what's going on. This dealership, from what I've read, is one of the high volume dealerships in my city and in the country, that's why I called them.

I will go talk to him, it can't hurt. I think he may just be trying to get me there to try and sell me something else, which is kind of annoying, but maybe I'll get lucky.

I'm not really that experienced in trying to buy a high demand enthusiast car this early. This forum has been real helpful.

I was kind of banking on the fact that not many everyday people know about this car. I'm not far from Atlanta, which is a fairly big city that does have some car enthusiast communities, but it's not New York or CA. When lurking this forum, I've only seen a couple of guys from ATL who are on waiting lists for the M2.

I was able to secure allocations for a 1M very late with centers in alabama and South Carolina

Keep working with both for sure and if you find two allocations then post the one you don't use up here.
Appreciate 0