BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-14-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

2017 BMW 760i Excellence

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...er-super-sedan
Attached Images

02-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #2
Fanta
C
Canada
Rep
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 02:00 AM   #3
walile
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

That hockey stick gets me every time. Design wise the new 7 is not very well sorted. Absolutely gorgeous from some angles, yet surprisingly horrible in certain color combinations.

The car doesn't look really good in white, in part because the hockey stick really stands out, but also because the black out portion of the front camera by the grill.

I think black with blacked out trims is the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #4
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by walile View Post
That hockey stick gets me every time. Design wise the new 7 is not very well sorted. Absolutely gorgeous from some angles, yet surprisingly horrible in certain color combinations.

The car doesn't look really good in white, in part because the hockey stick really stands out, but also because the black out portion of the front camera by the grill.

To each his own, but I respectfully disagree about White being the worst color. I think it looks hot -- especially Mineral White Metallic (ordered a 750i with M-Sport):
Attached Images

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2016, 06:01 PM   #5
walile
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBry View Post
To each his own, but I respectfully disagree about White being the worst color. I think it looks hot -- especially Mineral White Metallic (ordered a 750i with M-Sport):
Alpine White is usually my favorite color on a BMW, except maybe Dakar Yellow on the E36 M3.

The problem with white on the new 7 is that the side hockey sticks are very visually distracting to me. Especially so with light color on the M-Sport (dark hockey stick) and dark color on the non-M-Sport (chrome hockey stick).

Another element that gets to my OCD is the front camera between the kidney grills. On light color car it makes front end a bit incomplete and disjointed. On a black car, all these elements blend in nicely.

I can paint the hockey stick white on a white car to match, but I wouldn't know what to do with the "black spot" between the grills.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 08:02 AM   #6
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:

I sincerely beg to differ...
Attached Images

02-16-2016, 11:12 AM   #7
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Alpine White is usually my favorite color on a BMW, except maybe Dakar Yellow on the E36 M3.

The problem with white on the new 7 is that the side hockey sticks are very visually distracting to me. Especially so with light color on the M-Sport (dark hockey stick) and dark color on the non-M-Sport (chrome hockey stick).

Another element that gets to my OCD is the front camera between the kidney grills. On light color car it makes front end a bit incomplete and disjointed. On a black car, all these elements blend in nicely.

I can paint the hockey stick white on a white car to match, but I wouldn't know what to do with the "black spot" between the grills.
Haha!

That black "hockey stick" is precisely why I went with white -- I definitely WANT it to stand out. I think it's slick, and brings focus to the length of the car, which is imposing in a great way, and "grounds" it in a way. I love it. The G12 is a bahn-storming highway bad-ass when equipped with the M-Sport package (and shadow line)

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 08:00 PM   #8
walile
Private First Class
Rep

I can certainly respect the individual preference of others, and the car overall does look sharp in white, as most Bimmer do.

Maybe because I am from Canada, that hockey stick really gives me a WTF reaction everytime I see.

The picture of the dark blue car kinda reaffirms my point that the hockey stick blends in better on dark colors with M Sport trims.
Appreciate 0