E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > UK: South East/London based coding guru ?

02-11-2016, 08:28 AM   #1
CraigBruce
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

UK: South East/London based coding guru ?

Hi,

I have a 2010 E92 335d which has a factory fitted CIC/Professional nav, bluetooth, Aux/Ipod/USB port in armrest, DAB, CD changer - all working fine. I've been out of work for 8 months now and as all my other projects/pottering has been completed, I've started looking at coding and upgrades for my car.

I'm specifically interested in 2 things which I believe could be enabled purely through coding:
- activation of 6NP/BMW Apps
- setting wing mirrors to retract/deploy automatically with lock/unlock on fob

When I first took ownership of the car a couple of years ago I bought a coding cable and a bunch of DVDs, but was never able to get them to work as expected with the laptop I was using at the time and I gave up in frustration....after trying various direct installs and VMWare combos.

In my quest to try a spot of DIY on this again I'm reaching out to try and find someone who may be able to advise/give a demo/point me in the direction of a better cable supplier. It's not something which will give me enough benefit to justify a bimmer-tech pricetag (certainly not whilst unemployed), just another distraction from homes under the hammer.

I'm tech savvy....just not BMW tech savvy! If I can get these sorted, I may look at adding a reversing camera.

Craig
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #2
deepsrd
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i LCI

OK.. for coders near your are.. go here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704363

You mean 6NR, the BMW apps? For that your CIC should be on no more than SP-DATEN level 42.. If it is newer, you need FSC code to enable it..

Folding and unfolding, you need mirrors which has the folding and unfolding option physically. It is a retrofit option, and if you have memory seats, its very easy to do, although finding mirrors would be an expensive affair..

For camera, its cheap enough, and something I can recommend..
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1005301

Buy a good K+DCAN cable.. that I would leave to your judgement..

In Progress:
Surround View Retrofit 8TH
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 10:16 AM   #3
CraigBruce
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the reply - how can I check the SP-DATEN of my CIC? ..and yes I do mean 6NR for BMW apps...I fancy the album art, mobile integration/ipod like view etc.

Already have the folding physical mirrors, just forget to press the button to fold them in sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 11:13 AM   #4
deepsrd
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

To get the SP daten, you need to read the cic using Winkfp..

For that you need the cable..
Get the cable, and then its a matter of reading the cic and it will tell you what version its on.

For folding mirrors, I think you need to set the comfort entry to aktiv in cas and FRM.

In Progress:
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #5
CraigBruce
Registered
Rep

Thanks - will research a decent cable. Having now properly checked the excellent links you have provided, I reckon I need to put some more effort into doing my own research on this forum! I'd like to blame my chromosome configuration making me unable to multi-task!

Seems that most/every question has already been asked and answered - excellent resource
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #6
deepsrd
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hehe..
Yes, the forum is excellent..

Coding just needs understanding, and a bit guts for experimenting..
If you are stuck, there is always someone who can help!

If you do any successful coding, just report back, so it will help others..

Happy coding!

In Progress:
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 12:46 PM   #7
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Just to add to what deeprsd has said... I'm trying to remember which I level the FSC lock was introduced for BMW Apps. It's somewhere around E89X-11-03-511.

There's a good chance of your car has a dealer history it will be updated past that I level (v42 datens). In which case your options are limited...

1. Buy FSC code from BMW. It was very expensive to do this.

2. Find Fstool software. It's quite rare but someone may help you out with it. I think there is also some bimmer.

3. Install some emulator that supports BMW Apps activation like when completing a CIC retrofit.
Appreciate 0