BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

01-31-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep
Drives: //M

Just relocated to Austin from the Bay Area...

Currently in Barton Springs in corporate housing until we sell our house in California, and find a house in West Lake. Can anyone recommend a good hand car wash around the Barton Springs area? My car is an absolute mess right now, having taken a long ride on the back of a transport last week...and I must get her clean asap!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 10:00 PM   #2
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country F80 View Post
Currently in Barton Springs in corporate housing until we sell our house in California, and find a house in West Lake. Can anyone recommend a good hand car wash around the Barton Springs area? My car is an absolute mess right now, having taken a long ride on the back of a transport last week...and I must get her clean asap!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Find an H2O Car Wash - they are great. The one I use is on Brodie Lane, but that is not really close to you. There is one at 500 S. Lamar Blvd. and Barton Springs Rd.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2016, 10:35 PM   #3
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Welcome to town. Ceasar's in Tarrytown or 5th St. is good and just a step below the best detailers in the area. I use Finish Line on Bee Caves in a pinch, handwash isn't bad at $39 or so. H20 on Barton Springs road I haven't been back to in years, they have a limited watersupply and I never trusted their process.

Westlake, some pockets okay, the larger neighborhoods I find vapid, colorless, stepford.
      02-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #4
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Find an H2O Car Wash - they are great. The one I use is on Brodie Lane, but that is not really close to you. There is one at 500 S. Lamar Blvd. and Barton Springs Rd.
Went to the H2O on S. Lamar. Have definitely had better car washes...but got 90% of the grime off my car. I think I need a bit more thorough washing (wheels especially). What they lacked in detail, they made up for with convenience and proximity.

Saw a nice white 991 GT3 while there, along with a Grey GT-R.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #5
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Went to the H2O on S. Lamar. Have definitely had better car washes...but got 90% of the grime off my car. I think I need a bit more thorough washing (wheels especially). What they lacked in detail, they made up for with convenience and proximity.

Saw a nice white 991 GT3 while there, along with a Grey GT-R.
Well, glad it wasn't terrible I have not been to that one, but really like the one we use. Maybe it is the "level". We always get the Executive - whatever that means
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #6
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Well, glad it wasn't terrible I have not been to that one, but really like the one we use. Maybe it is the "level". We always get the Executive - whatever that means
No no...not terrible...and I really appreciate the reco!

I did get the executive...and in their defense, the car was filthy! It was on the back of a transport from the Bay Area to Austin, and the driver said he drove through a snow storm...so you can imagine.

I am just very anal...and should not have expected much more at that level of wash.

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #7
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
No no...not terrible...and I really appreciate the reco!

I did get the executive...and in their defense, the car was filthy! It was on the back of a transport from the Bay Area to Austin, and the driver said he drove through a snow storm...so you can imagine.

I am just very anal...and should not have expected much more at that level of wash.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 04:48 PM   #8
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep

Maybe I am crazy...but my M seems a lot more tail happy here in Austin, compared to the Bay Area. Not sure if it is road surface what...but I can easily get my back loose in 3rd gear...and even 4th. Much easier it seems than back in Cali. I know 93 octane does not make THAT big of a difference in power...lol. I am Dinan Stage 2, btw...with SS mid-pipes. At first I thought that is was all the tire shine grease that H20 put on my tires when I got it washed...but that was like a week and 100+ miles ago. Weird.

Last edited by TheRealOrosie; 02-10-2016 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #9
JoeKixxon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Sakhir Orange on Black

Quote:
Maybe I am crazy...but my M seems a lot more tail happy here in Austin, compared to the Bay Area. Not sure if it is road surface what...but I can easily get my back loose in 3rd gear...and even 4th. Much easier it seems than back in Cali. I know 93 octane does not make THAT big of a difference in power...lol. I am Dinan Stage 2, btw...with SS mid-pipes. At first I thought that is was all the wheel grease that H20 put on my tires when I got it washed...but that was like a week and 100+ miles ago. Weird.
You're not crazy. That's your car doing it's happy dance because it lives in Austin now!
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2016, 09:48 PM   #10
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep

LOL!

We are def happy! Love Austin!

I actually just confirmed it tonight with my wife's Mini Cooper S as well. Her car's tires spin much easier as well.

Appreciate 0