BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > US deliver dates?

01-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

US deliver dates?

Any news regarding the expected delivery date for the first US customer cars? Thanks

Soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 02:44 PM   #2
Spook410
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Infiniti EX35

To my knowledge I'm not first or even second on the local list but my salesguy emailed me the price guide as soon as it was available said he was ready to prepare my order. I wonder if 'the list' is as important as someone stepping up and specifying their order. That or maybe the orders go in regardless of insight to their allocation.

No hard data but if they are about to input their orders maybe we'll see these in spring instead of summer?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
tbc417
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook410 View Post
To my knowledge I'm not first or even second on the local list but my salesguy emailed me the price guide as soon as it was available said he was ready to prepare my order. I wonder if 'the list' is as important as someone stepping up and specifying their order. That or maybe the orders go in regardless of insight to their allocation.

No hard data but if they are about to input their orders maybe we'll see these in spring instead of summer?
So the systems has opened/they have released allocations? It's seems like no dealers have been able to complete the order process yet.... Please let me know if they are able to submit your order!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
tbc417
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I'm the first at my dealer and they keep checking but they haven't been able to submit it yet
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 05:01 PM   #5
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

I inquired yesterday and was told: the first build allocations will be released at the end of January; not every dealer will get allocations in January; first deliveries will likely take place in April.

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 05:30 PM   #6
Spook410
Second Lieutenant
Rep

His words (via email) were: "Please let me know when you'd like to talk about your exact order."

I provided my specifics to him and will probably give him a call next week to see what they believe is going on. I don't think this indicates that the order books have opened. It may just be a way to see which buyers are serious as they line up initial inputs.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 05:32 PM   #7
Spook410
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc417 View Post
So the systems has opened/they have released allocations? It's seems like no dealers have been able to complete the order process yet.... Please let me know if they are able to submit your order!!!

I am not a student of BMW's ordering process but "That or maybe the orders go in regardless of insight to their allocation." does not imply that allocations have been released. They are gathering information.. not sure what they plan to do with it.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 05:50 PM   #8
RoninX
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook410 View Post
I am not a student of BMW's ordering process but "That or maybe the orders go in regardless of insight to their allocation." does not imply that allocations have been released. They are gathering information.. not sure what they plan to do with it.
I don't know if this is the way it works, but (with the exception of limited edition models) it would make sense to provide at least as many allocations to dealers the number of pre-orders submitted. After all, you have a guaranteed sale at MSRP -- why wouldn't BMW want to take that?

But maybe there are other company politics or dealer competition issues that makes it hard to do the simple thing...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 06:07 PM   #9
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninX View Post
I don't know if this is the way it works, but (with the exception of limited edition models) it would make sense to provide at least as many allocations to dealers the number of pre-orders submitted. After all, you have a guaranteed sale at MSRP -- why wouldn't BMW want to take that?

But maybe there are other company politics or dealer competition issues that makes it hard to do the simple thing...
They'll give out enough allocations to not interrupt supply of the other cars being produced in that facility.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 06:21 PM   #10
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
They'll give out enough allocations to not interrupt supply of the other cars being produced in that facility.
It will be interesting to see how many allocations the dealers end up getting for 2016,based on the production limitations at the Leipzig plant.
I guess we will know very soon because the first production month is February and it is a very short production year.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 08:14 PM   #11
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
It will be interesting to see how many allocations the dealers end up getting for 2016,based on the production limitations at the Leipzig plant.
I guess we will know very soon because the first production month is February and it is a very short production year.
I was texting with David at STBMW and he said he had 17 pre-orders and expecting maybe one allocation a month! Wowzers!!!
Appreciate 0