BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Missing 'Import Routes' ?

01-01-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
Bluezed
Bluezed
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 25d xLine MG

Missing 'Import Routes' ?

Today I tried out the route planner using my PC and Connected Drive route planner and 'Send to vehicle' option.
Got in the car and there is no way to 'Import Routes' or 'Save Routes'.

I was sure I had seen something for importing routes when I first got the car but the option is nowhere to be seen.
I have tried under Navigation, BMW Online and Connected Drive menu items.
I then put the route on a USB stick and plugged it in the car - again, no options wherever I looked to let me import the route.

Other Remote Services and On Line weather / news etc. all works fine but the option under Navigation is not there.

Before I call the dealer does anyone have any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 03:31 PM   #2
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Not totally sure but it may be hiding in messages in the tel area of the idrive.
      01-02-2016, 06:05 AM   #3
asinrute
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw x3

On My X3, it is 'Connected Drive' 'Applications' 'Routes' 'My Routes'

Via Google Send to maps it is under 'Tel' 'Messages' 'All Messages'

Hope that helps
      01-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
Bluezed
Bluezed
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the replies but I still can't find anything in the car menus anywhere.
Would someone kindly do me a favour if they have time and take a picture of the screen which I think is in either Navigation or Connected Drive and shows 'Saved Routes' and then an option to 'Import Routes' either online or via USB?
I have spoken to Connected Drive Services and they said everything I have done is correct and they can see all my services working. They suggested I contacted my local dealer and spoke to the 'Genius' which I did and I am seeing him on Monday.
He didn't seem to grasp exactly what I was saying so I thought if I could get some screen pictures, I could show him what is missing. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
asinrute
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw x3

On the Idrive controller, press the centre button marked Menu, on the display list that comes up scroll to Connecteddrive, press enter, on the next list you should see Applications scroll to that and press enter. On the next screen scroll to routes, and press enter you then have a choice between BWW routes or your own. locate your own and press enter and you should then see the route you sent from your pc. \\\\hope that helps
      01-02-2016, 01:18 PM   #6
Bluezed
Bluezed
United Kingdom
Rep

To try and clarify what I see, I attach some pictures.

1st pic shows main menu
2nd pic & 3rd pic shows Connected Services (top & bottom of page). The BMW apps is 'blued' out so can't be selected. All I can do is go into Connection Assistant and this results in Picture 4.
Pictures 5 & 6 show BMW Online and confirmation Connected Drive services are booked.
Picture 7 just shows my Nav screen menu which doesn't include a Saved Routes option?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 01:53 AM   #7
jsdh89j9ijkL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: motorcycle

Did you get this working in the end?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 06:54 AM   #8
Bluezed
Bluezed
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdh89j9ijkL View Post
Did you get this working in the end?
No I didn't get it working. According to BMW genius it's no longer an option and you can't send a pre planned route to the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 08:46 AM   #9
X1PGK
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 20d X Drive X Line 2016

I send pre planned routes via my BMW Remote app. Highlight the destination in maps, (BMW Remote), then when the pin on the map appears choose 'send to vehicle'.
When you get in your X1 on iDrive choose messages. You will see a symbol of an unopened letter. Click on that and it shows the destination you sent via BMW Remote. It will prompt you to say 'Start navigation'. Click on that and it all begins.
You must however link your car with the BMW Remote app first.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 09:30 AM   #10
hart4bmw
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Sdrive20i (2016)

Connecteddrive >> Message !!!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 10:38 AM   #11
Bluezed
Bluezed
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1PGK View Post
I send pre planned routes via my BMW Remote app. Highlight the destination in maps, (BMW Remote), then when the pin on the map appears choose 'send to vehicle'.
When you get in your X1 on iDrive choose messages. You will see a symbol of an unopened letter. Click on that and it shows the destination you sent via BMW Remote. It will prompt you to say 'Start navigation'. Click on that and it all begins.
I can do it for a single destination as you describe but not for multiple destinations/stopovers in one trip.
I have just been playing with the pin on the map and now can't get rid of it! Any ideas? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #12
jsdh89j9ijkL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: motorcycle

what a crock of crapola. after testing, yup, destinations only, not routes.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #13
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20i xLine MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1PGK View Post
Thanks for this. This is the first time I have managed to get a destination into the car with the ability to set it as a destination. However, I have not been able to move the pin around at all on the map - just search for an address and there is the pin. Second "however" - I sent a few pins to the car but only the first one appeared
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 01:46 AM   #14
X1PGK
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 20d X Drive X Line 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_P View Post
Thanks for this. This is the first time I have managed to get a destination into the car with the ability to set it as a destination. However, I have not been able to move the pin around at all on the map - just search for an address and there is the pin. Second "however" - I sent a few pins to the car but only the first one appeared
I've only ever tried to send one destination at a time so haven't had the issue of sending multiple positions. Also, I just left the pins on the map in BMW Remote as it was a record of where I'd been and I could also send again if required. I'm guessing it's a more basic system than the full 'Professional' but better than nowt'. Just thought, regarding some of my saved addresses. Home, my children's addresses etc. I've saved on the 1-8 buttons on the console. This means when I travel to them or to home from a long distance, the navigation system, using the traffic information at that time, picks the quickest route.

Last edited by X1PGK; 06-10-2016 at 01:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2019, 11:03 PM   #15
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluezed View Post
Today I tried out the route planner using my PC and Connected Drive route planner and 'Send to vehicle' option.

I was sure I had seen something for importing routes when I first got the car but the option is nowhere to be seen.
I then put the route on a USB stick and plugged it in the car - again, no options wherever I looked to let me import the route.

Other Remote Services and On Line weather / news etc. all works fine but the option under Navigation is not there.

To import routes you need to code the option cause it comes disabled by default

once you do, then the Import routes will not be grayed out...

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...64&postcount=4
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #16
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
To import routes you need to code the option cause it comes disabled by default

once you do, then the Import routes will not be grayed out...

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...64&postcount=4
Bimmercode, expert mode
HU_NBT
Set import trip list from nicht to aktiv
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 05:14 PM   #17
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluezed View Post

I assume you've sent the routes to your X1 from your mobile phone.
When you connect the phone (iPhone 7 in my case and iDrive 6 in the car) to the car by USB connection, or Bluetooth, the car will pick up the route and you should see a message symbol in the top part of the display. From there it is straightforward to load the route. I haven't had to do any coding - wouldn't know how! So hope that helps.
Appreciate 0