THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA CF Spoiler Installation

12-25-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
Monsieur_G
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

CF Spoiler Installation

Merry Christmas, and happy holidays everyone. Santa (aka my gf) was good to me this year and I got the CF Spoiler. Can anyone recommend a good shop in NJ to get it installed? I know it's a simple process, but I don't want to damage the original spoiler or paint taking it off. I'm in Bergen County. Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive

It is really simple man! I used dental floss to detach the stock spoiler from the adhesive and then just used some adhesive cleaner to get the rest off.. The hardest part is aligning the new spoiler but I was able to do it alone so if you have an extra hand to help it will be easier. I say just do it yourself
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #3
Monsieur_G
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_F22
It is really simple man! I used dental floss to detach the stock spoiler from the adhesive and then just used some adhesive cleaner to get the rest off.. The hardest part is aligning the new spoiler but I was able to do it alone so if you have an extra hand to help it will be easier. I say just do it yourself
Yeah I figured that's my best bet. I appreciate the advice, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 02:06 PM   #4
M2TROLL
WRX Betrayer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235ix Estoril Blue Coral Red

Yeah I did mine with a friend and it was very easy. Just have to be patient in getting the adhesive off the trunk and Taping off placement spots for the new one. I figured if I went to a shop to do it, they wouldn't do it perfectly and I would be kicking myself for just not taking the time to do it to my liking lol

Where are you in Bergen?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #5
Monsieur_G
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBran
Yeah I did mine with a friend and it was very easy. Just have to be patient in getting the adhesive off the trunk and Taping off placement spots for the new one. I figured if I went to a shop to do it, they wouldn't do it perfectly and I would be kicking myself for just not taking the time to do it to my liking lol

Where are you in Bergen?
Yeah I hear you, I'm very OCD when it comes to stuff like that. It has to be perfect, or close to it. I ordered some automotive 3M tape and probably going to install it this weekend. I'm in Cliffside Park.
Appreciate 0