E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > idrive controller not working

12-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
hotwheels1
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320d M Sport LCI

idrive controller not working

Hi everybody,

this is my first post on this site and Unfortunately it has to start with the request for some help...

By mistake I left my driver's window slightly open overnight and in the morning my seat Including the Centre console was a bit wet, nothing extreme but quite moist.

i wept off all the water but then realised that my idrive controller wouldnt lite up. I had to get to work so left it like that until break. When at break got back inside the car the controller came back into life but would go on and off interminently.

The last couple of days it has gone completely though.

Have I really messed it up and cooked it's electronics?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

George
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
ben-e92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Might just be the controller itself that's broken. In which case can get them pretty cheap off eBay and swapping them out is a 5-10 minute job.

Might be worth taking off the center console to have a look and see if there is any water ingress. Have a look on the forum for a tutorial if you don't know how but it doesn't take long and requires no tools

You could assume that because it wasn't soaking it is the controller at fault rather than wiring. Can't be a fuse if it intermittently works surely

Ben
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
bhurd320
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 320D msport

What model i drive ccc or cic, as my ccc one stopped working on the centre push/enter, I looked on you tube and found a how to fix it, the solder joints needed resoldering, took me 20 mins to do and its been fine since
Appreciate 0