E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Restorefx?

12-01-2015, 11:26 PM   #1
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

Restorefx?

Has anyone on here had any experience with Restorefx? Their claims are impressive and I am curious as to whether they are legit and deliver as they claim?

Thanks,
      12-07-2015, 04:30 PM   #2
cpie168
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328i 6MT ZSP BSM

Since seeing your post, I've done some research online and saw many Youtube videos on the product and process. I agree with you that the whole thing looks really impressive! The before/after's are shockingly good. I've also found a few local shops offering the process (RestorFX GTA, RestorFX Cambridge, RestorFX Guelph). I'm really tempted to go to the shops and check out the work they do in person!

I would love to hear what the pros on this forum think. Based on what I've seen so far, it looks like it's all pros and nearly no cons. It also seems to render buffing/polishing obsolete. It seems to replace compound/polish/coating with one simple step! The only turn-off is that it's not offered to the retail customer...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #3
cpie168
Major
Canada
Rep

So no comments from the pros on the forum?

For some reason, the lack of opinion from the established detailing businesses somehow indicates to me that this product/process might be the real deal, one that could possibly render their businesses obsolete. If I were in their shoes, I'd keep my mouth shut too to keep others from finding out about it.

I would love to hear what others have to say about this stuff (not just the pros), because if it's the real deal then I'd be looking to get it done for my own ride. I really wonder how the hardness/durability compared to traditional ceremic/nanodiamond coatings. But even if the hardness/durability is the same as factory clear coat, the time-saving and ease of application would make it come out on top of traditional cut/polish, because the claim is that RestorFX would add to the clear coat, not remove.

Let's get the discussion going guys!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 04:04 PM   #4
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

I have been speaking with the guys in Markham and for the price will likely give this a try in the springtime. Till then, I will continue to do some further research. But like you, I agree it sounds very interesting.
      12-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #5
cpie168
Major
Canada
Rep

Please post your impressions/review and post pictures if you end up getting their service. I'm very interested as well.

Did you get a chance to find out how durable their coating is? For example, how does it compare to the ceramic/glass coatings that are on the market? I doubt it's anywhere as durable, but then again that's not really the point of the product I guess. I do wonder if it is compatible with the aftermarket ceramic/glass coatings, such that we can layer them on top. If I'm spending that kind of money to restore my clear coat, I certainly don't mind spending another $50-$100 to apply a coating on my own to protect it.
Appreciate 0