E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Gearbox Filter

11-06-2015, 06:38 AM   #1
Monger007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E-90 320D M Sport

Gearbox Filter

I am ordering various service parts from the Bay at present and have hit a snag with the Auto Box pan filter

My vehicle is a Dec 2010 320D E90 6 speed auto mated to the 184 HP Engine

1. Can someone let me know what model of ZF box is fitted to the car.
2. The seller on the Bay told me as per my VN number the part number is 24117571217. But when I ask him why it does not list the 184 HP engine in the listing he told me he checked the VN number and that is the one listed
3. I thought this pan was complete with O Ring Pan gasket & bolts and came as a complete kit but he told me there is no screws. I am not sure what the actual kit consists of ?

I assume the Mahle brand is all above board when replacing the following

Air Filter
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Pollen Filter
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 06:11 AM   #2
Mastermixlee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Don't see any issue with using the MAHLE brand for all the bits.

As far as the service kits for the zf gearbox goes generally they come as a complete kit with the pan, sleeve, plug, screws/bolts, gasket and gearbox oil.

I know some places sell them separately but seeing as though your going to want to change all most of the time anyway it's best to get complete kit.

As far as identifying part number realoem should be able to help there by using your VIN number?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 07:30 AM   #3
Rich_D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport LCI

Use genuine ZF oil (Lifeguard 6) if possible, the filter is less important and can be aftermarket, Mahle is a decent brand though
      11-13-2015, 07:35 PM   #4
Monger007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E-90 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermixlee View Post
Don't see any issue with using the MAHLE brand for all the bits.

As far as the service kits for the zf gearbox goes generally they come as a complete kit with the pan, sleeve, plug, screws/bolts, gasket and gearbox oil.

I know some places sell them separately but seeing as though your going to want to change all most of the time anyway it's best to get complete kit.

As far as identifying part number realoem should be able to help there by using your VIN number?
Thanks for the info

I have already ordered the Mahle air oil & pollen from the Bay and the costs were very reasonable.

On the fuel filter I purchased also from the Bay it was stated as a genuine BMW part for 25 quid. When my daughter received the item she told me its made in China ?

I will check out realoem for the required kit. I only need the kit minus the oil as after I gather everything I need it will be sent to Thailand.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0