EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

10-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Software Update at HTX Dealer

Thought some of you may be interested in my most recent service experience at Midtown BMW in Houston.

I only have 7K miles on the car after a year but it alerted me to go in for service so I did. Made sure to call the dealer first to confirm the car needed service before its 10K factory setting but she said the 1 year of ownership warrants the service.

It was a standard oil change but I told her to look into the software update. I was mainly looking for the HUD lights to be updated and she seemed confused. Said something about my car not having the "correct bulbs" as it was an early build. Silly. She told me there was an update available but it would cost $300 for the 2 hours of labor needed for the job. I gently pushed back and told her the car was less than a year old and I shouldn't be charged for an update. I said I would do some research and call back later. About an hour after that she called saying the dealer would do the update for free. I wasn't going to argue about the "bulbs", I knew the update would do what I needed.

So I got the software update as part of my service and was not charged for the labor.

Big warning though: 100% of your settings (nav, radio, presets, etc) will be deleted and you'll have to start over from the start. Pic below shows the new colors on the RPM tach.
Attached Images

10-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #2
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Did they at least give you the old bulbs back??

Appreciate 0