E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New user... & Fitted Some Focals & Dynavin!

10-12-2015, 04:11 PM   #1
TeaAndBiscuits
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325D F30 M SPORT

New user... & Fitted Some Focals & Dynavin!

Hey folks! I am a (fairly) new owner to a 2006 BMW 325D M Sport, previously having owned a 320D a little while back.

In terms of spec, just standard 325D e90 really, in Black, leather, 60k miles, split front armrest, etc.

Decided to some mods, quite early into ownership;

1) Ditched run-flat tyres and replaced with Goodyear Eagle F1's all round

2) Had a local upholstery company fit heated seat elements to the front seats, with switches at the side of the seat (near the lumbar switch)

3) Had a car audio shop fit a Dynavin N6-E9X Sat Nav unit, which has iPod, BT Audio and much more, along with a reversing camera and DAB+ aerial

4) Purchased a set of Focal IFBMW-S 'Plug & Play' speakers - I fitted these myself tonight, had to order new window surrounds with Tweeter grills, as my car did not have tweeters fitted so the surround was different, so ordered the parts from BMW and fitted everything tonight - the sound is SO much better, best way to describe it, is everything is just clearer and less muddy vs the stock system, that said, I did have the basic setup, without a tweeter originally, so going to a Focal setup with adding tweeters is bound to be an improvement

*The Focals have 2 options, the IFBMW-C Which are just to replace the 4" woofers in the front doors, or the IFBMW-S which are the 4" woofers, along with a set of tweeters, you do not need to replace the window trim, as you can drill into the existing ones and mount the tweeters, but I didn't want to do that as I wanted it all to look OEM.

Fitting them was easy, although I cleverly decided to rush back from work at 630, so ran out of daylight fairly fast! Would have been a lot easier in daylight, the driver side was easier to do than the passenger side because for some reason the passenger side doorcard would not come out, it took ages and a lot of force to get it to finally come off (and it was a nightmare putting that one back on too!)

Would definitely recommend them though!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
borinous
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 320d SE

Welcome....pics?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #3
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Nice work OP. What reversing camera did you purchase/use?
      10-13-2015, 01:07 PM   #4
yaagavan
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI 320D

nice mods so far! how much did the heated seats set you back?
Appreciate 0