E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Rear Juddering noise from rear of E92 335D

10-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #1
Todd_77
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D Coupe

Rear Juddering noise from rear of E92 335D

I seem to be get a juddering noise coming from the rear of my E92.

It doesn't happen all the time. Only on some occasions. I have a sticking caliper on the rear driver side which is quite bad now. I am going to fix this tomorrow evening.

Could this be the cause of the juddering? The juddering noise sounds like it is coming from the opposite side but I could be wrong.

Thanks for any help!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
Aragorn30d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Sticking brakes can certainly cause juddering. Fix it and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 09:18 AM   #3
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
You'll be best advised to change discs and pads too. If your caliper is sticking it will probably have caused the pad/s to overheat and deposit pad material onto the discs.
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 03:16 PM   #4
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_77 View Post
I seem to be get a juddering noise coming from the rear of my E92.

It doesn't happen all the time. Only on some occasions. I have a sticking caliper on the rear driver side which is quite bad now. I am going to fix this tomorrow evening.

Could this be the cause of the juddering? The juddering noise sounds like it is coming from the opposite side but I could be wrong.

Thanks for any help!
if you've got a calliper sticking you'd of corrupted your discs, chances are your discs are at best blue or even red if it's as you describe where it's gone though an adverse heat cycle as metal gets hotter it expands as it expands creates friction.

Take a photo if each disc(side on flat)and post em up for a look done this a number of times for people on here it's interesting to view something like this actually.

I'd also wager your discs are at least lipped on the outer surface area(if so they'll be worse on the inner surface)and I'd also suspect the discs apart from any discolouring will be scored as well, seen this symptom too many times now and ate all systematic with the sort of issues you're facing, if pads have been put on already lipped corroded or worn discs as so many people sadly do this will create issues as well.