E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW Milton Keynes - AVOID

10-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

BMW Milton Keynes - AVOID

So i went to Santa Pod last week and ended up with hardly any power under 3k revs and a deep sounding exhaust. No engine lights or anything.

Took it too my trusted indy and he came back with this:

Whoever did the vacuum pipe replacement snapped some pipes that go onto the vacuum tank and instead of replacing them, they GLUED them back. Same with pipes near the turbo solenoid, turbo pressure regulator valve. My indy had to replace the pressure regulator assembly, braided hoses and vacuum tank assembly.

A bloody disgrace. BMW replaced all vacuum hoses under warranty.

I think the pressure got to much for the glued pipes when i was on the strip.

I'm not even going to bother going back to BMW to try and get some answers, they will get out of it somehow. I'm just glad it wasn't a major break in the car. It cost me £290, so not a huge amount, but still enough to piss me off.
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #2
dm2583
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i | E36 M3

I totally agree. I'm from MK and everyone I know who has used them says the same thing, avoid them.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 01:21 PM   #3
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 Alpine White

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2017 BMW F30 330D  [0.00]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
They stripped my mates F10 M5 down to replace a water pipe that they didnt have in stock, ended up off the road for a week for what should have been a 2 hour job.

I only ever use them for parts as we get discount.
      10-02-2015, 01:46 PM   #4
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
proper fucktards! thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #5
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

My mate has also not had great dealings with them.

That's really bad though to have broken something and bodged it to fix it.
      10-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #6
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

I just can't believe they would glue shit together on an engine, especially when it went in to replace my vacuum pipes under warranty. Imagine if something serious happened, like if something blew!

Goes to show what most people think about dealers, they are not competant. Good indys are way better, even when changing oil dealers don't drain it properly, just suck it up!

Can't believe people still want BMW service history, means fuck all.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #7
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I just can't believe they would glue shit together on an engine, especially when it went in to replace my vacuum pipes under warranty. Imagine if something serious happened, like if something blew!

Goes to show what most people think about dealers, they are not competant. Good indys are way better, even when changing oil dealers don't drain it properly, just suck it up!

Can't believe people still want BMW service history, means fuck all.
Totally agree with this. I'm shocked tbh and personally would be taking it to BMW GB.
      10-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #8
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
Totally agree with this. I'm shocked tbh and personally would be taking it to BMW GB.
But isn't it all about proof? I mean all i could provide is my indy's report? Plus after this work was done my car had new turbos and couldn't they say that work done after was the cause, even though they never touched that area?

If there is a chance i will be more than happy to complain to BMW GB. I just thought i'd get fobbed off?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #9
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Sad to hear to be honest and to a degree a bit disappointed as ususlly main dealers would replace things(sometimes without notice I know and they'll present you a shock in the final bill) but just a quick thought Mo, when you had your turbo's done EcoTune been in/around the area, not directly but they'd of been within sight, would of they not of spotted something purely on a quick nose around?
      10-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #10
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Read posts 38-41 of this: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=991328&page=2

I'm thinking they glued some shit, i took the car back and glue came off, then they glued it again? I doubt a pipe would split so soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 03:29 PM   #11
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Sad to hear to be honest and to a degree a bit disappointed as ususlly main dealers would replace things(sometimes without notice I know and they'll present you a shock in the final bill) but just a quick thought Mo, when you had your turbo's done EcoTune been in/around the area, not directly but they'd of been within sight, would of they not of spotted something purely on a quick nose around?
I'm not sure tbh. Perhaps as the car hadn't been showing any power loss at that stage, they wouldn't have inspected the pipes, and maybe the glued pipes looked ok to the eye?

I will give Stan a quick call next week, just to let him know and see whar he says. But if they saw anything like that they would have replaced it straight away. But i reckon it was at BMW, as they repaired a pipe and another pipe apparantly split again, which goes along with the glue theory i reckon.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #12
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure tbh. Perhaps as the car hadn't been showing any power loss at that stage, they wouldn't have inspected the pipes, and maybe the glued pipes looked ok to the eye?

I will give Stan a quick call next week, just to let him know and see whar he says. But if they saw anything like that they would have replaced it straight away. But i reckon it was at BMW, as they repaired a pipe and another pipe apparantly split again, which goes along with the glue theory i reckon.
Its just a thought, when we're poking around these things we normally cast an eye and see some stuff that'll make you wince, it just surprises me that a main dealer would do this as susually if they see something broken they'll usually order up and repalce, well certainly the dealers I'm aware of would do(repalce usually without consent and state the car needed it when presenting the bill).
      10-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #13
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Its just a thought, when we're poking around these things we normally cast an eye and see some stuff that'll make you wince, it just surprises me that a main dealer would do this as susually if they see something broken they'll usually order up and repalce, well certainly the dealers I'm aware of would do(repalce usually without consent and state the car needed it when presenting the bill).
That's how it should be, but BMW MK are clearly incompetant! I mean why have my car twice in a week to replace vacuum pipes? A good explanation would be a bit of glue came off, as i lost power again after the first visit.

In regards to Ecotune, i guess at that time as the car had full power and pipes looked ok, they wouldn't have bothered to look closely at the joins.

I'm just glad that all is well and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Never going to any dealership now no matter what happens. Too much focus on saving time and making money. Perhaps as the work was done under BMW warranty, the order to "repair" the pipes came from BMW AG, i have no idea. But i might try BMW UK as Raj says.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #14
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That's how it should be, but BMW MK are clearly incompetant! I mean why have my car twice in a week to replace vacuum pipes? A good explanation would be a bit of glue came off, as i lost power again after the first visit.

In regards to Ecotune, i guess at that time as the car had full power and pipes looked ok, they wouldn't have bothered to look closely at the joins.

I'm just glad that all is well and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Never going to any dealership now no matter what happens. Too much focus on saving time and making money. Perhaps as the work was done under BMW warranty, the order to "repair" the pipes came from BMW AG, i have no idea. But i might try BMW UK as Raj says.
Fair comment re pipes though if you're going through the turbo thing especially a monster set up like your's you'd want to check and give certain things the once over I'd say vac pipes can fail do fail with age mileage so I'd of thought an eye would of been cast over these Mo. But what you say kinda makes sense
      10-02-2015, 05:32 PM   #15
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
But isn't it all about proof? I mean all i could provide is my indy's report? Plus after this work was done my car had new turbos and couldn't they say that work done after was the cause, even though they never touched that area?

If there is a chance i will be more than happy to complain to BMW GB. I just thought i'd get fobbed off?
They can certainly respond with exactly that but you also have from your thread the facts you went there twice under warranty to have these fixed. They would never normally glue but replace as Steve has mentioned. I've had lots of warranty work and non-warranty too and never come across something like this.

I agree with Steve too that there is an element of surprise these weren't picked up by ecotune when carrying their work out.

As for BMW GB, it's always worth trying it. Best case they cover the costs worse case they refuse and you're in the same position.
      10-03-2015, 06:57 AM   #16
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I got my current car from them and they had serviced it from new. I noticed two things in the engine bay after picking the car up. One of the air filter screws was lose and would not go back in properly and a cable carrier near the bulkhead had a broken clip, leaving it hanging and not properly supported. I found the cover cap for the windscreen under the seat and it was broken. Whilst perhaps relatively minor this did not inspire confidence. By the sounds of it perhaps I should be disappointed that the parts were not eligible for the premium gluing service.

On the plus side the guy who works in the parts department is really knowledgably and helpful and when I refused to take delivery of the car due to stone chips on the bonnet they stepped up and re-sprayed it.

At the end of the day a good indi is always going to care more than mechanics employed by a dealership.
Appreciate 0