E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Hunter alignment in Nottinghamshire,South Yorkshire,Lincolnshire where to go????

09-28-2015, 07:49 AM   #1
E90325iM-SPORT
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: E90 325i m-sport

Garage List
Hunter alignment in Nottinghamshire,South Yorkshire,Lincolnshire where to go????

I want to get 4 wheel alignment done in a good local garage with hunter . Can anyone recommend places to go please. I've been on website www.alignmycar.co.uk but still not sure where to go . My local quickfit has hunter but would you let them do anything around your car?? Help please
      09-28-2015, 09:20 AM   #2
DriverLDN
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport E90 2006

I've had my done at Kwik Fit a few times and they've done the job spot on. Main thing on the Hunter is to be there when they select the model of BMW you have. That way you know they will be using the correct settings to align it. If they don't know BMWs too well, they may not pick the correct option, specially if its de-badged and if they don't know if it has Sport suspension, Active Steering etc.
      09-28-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
Aragorn30d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

yeh i've used kwikfit too, they're cheap and they've got the Hunter kit.

Now ofcourse you can still end up with a moron who cocks it up, but just keep an eye on them. As above, make sure they select the correct model, many will lazily just select the first 3 series they come to, rather than actually properly selecting MSport or whatever. The branches i've been in have a TV screen in the waiting room that relays the info from the hunter screen, so you can watch what they are doing.

I once went in with my previous car after some suspension work, and handed the guy some custom alignment settings (i wanted to try some toe out on the front) He put the car on, informed me it needed adjusted (which i expected given the work i'd done) and he set about adjusting things, then after a few minutes realised he was ignoring my settings and was setting it to the factory toe in setting. I prodded them and he said my settings were incorrect. I told him to do them anyway, so he did.

End of the job they hand me the printout, and i realised that the car was only about 2 minutes difference between the before and after settings, ie the settings were almost exactly what i'd asked for before they even began adjusting anything. If i'd been paying attention to the screens when they first set the car up, they wouldnt have had to adjust anything.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 09:55 AM   #4
Redeyedfrog
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

These guys were alright and helpful.

http://www.mcewansgarage.co.uk/4wheelalignment.html
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #5
E90325iM-SPORT
Captain
England
Rep

Garage List
Done it today . Thanks guys The biggest issue was to find right e90 variant from the list. First they wanted to set it as a US version and next as M3 but with my help they finally got the correct model.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 08:59 AM   #6
DriverLDN
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport E90 2006

Good man, how's it riding now?
      10-02-2015, 09:59 AM   #7
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

How often is 4 wheel alignment necessary? I'm getting some new front tyres fitted and I was going to get front wheel alignment done at the same time. I've never had it done on my current car and one of the tyres is worn unevenly on the inside so I thought alignment might be the problem.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #8
E90325iM-SPORT
Captain
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavik View Post
Good man, how's it riding now?
Can't feel the difference so far but tonight I'm going to test it on my favorite b-road corners.
      10-02-2015, 12:36 PM   #9
Aragorn30d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermobaric View Post
How often is 4 wheel alignment necessary? I'm getting some new front tyres fitted and I was going to get front wheel alignment done at the same time. I've never had it done on my current car and one of the tyres is worn unevenly on the inside so I thought alignment might be the problem.
Its usually only needed when something changes.

New suspension parts and suchlike.

But sometimes a big pothole or similar can slightly bend suspension parts and knock the alignment out.

Older parts wearing out can also throw the alignment out, but if its wear thats caused it you usually need to fix the worn bits first, simply realigning the car with worn out parts wont do any good.

If your tyres have uneven wear then its probably needing done.
Appreciate 0