E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > e92 Build Thread!

08-30-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
JJC91
Rep
Drives: E92 325D M sport

e92 Build Thread!

I bought my car about 3 months ago now and started modifying it straight away so thought it was about time to put up some pictures.

The spec list when I bought it was quite good,

It's an 08 325d m sport in titanium silver with;
Auto with paddles
Xenon lights
Light and sight pack
Electric folding mirrors
Leather heated seats
Electric seats including bolsters
Sliding armrest
Heated armrest cup holder
iDrive with widescreen

I didn't take too many photos of the car when I first got it so excuse the quality of these,

Since buying the car the mods list is as follows;

Exterior;
De-badged rear
High kick performance spoiler
335 performance diffuser (gloss black)
335 style exhaust with slash tips
LED headlight bulbs
LED side bulbs
LED side indicator bulbs
New indicator repeater covers
1M style front bumper
Custom domed bonnet

Interior;
LED lights kit
M3 style dials
Performance gear knob
Carbon wrapped trims
Satin black centre console
None smokers pack fitted
M performance auto peddles
Custom steering wheel
Door tweeters added to the speaks

Hopefully still to come is;
M3 style side skirts
CSL alloys
Remap
Possibly M3 seats?
Possibly CIC upgrade?
And maybe some LCI rear lights
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Welcome aboard and what a car, lookalike you've got the modding bug in your blood already

First thing that grabs you of course is the frontal appearance namely the 1M bumper but also the M3esq bonnet dome, this is starting to get attention there's a couple of cars on here now that have gone the same route and it does for me at least grab your attention and better still you haven't used the little M3 bonnet vents

As for your interior nice place to be and I do love the steering wheel very very smart

Future plans you have highlighted especially the M3 sideskirts will I promise you make a difference

Keep it up
      08-30-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
JJC91
Rep

Thanks Steve,

Your car also looks incredible! I almost didn't go for the dome but I thought it went really well with the 1M front. I wanted to do the skirts at the same time but funds were a bit low so now there on the to do list. Where did you get yours from?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 12:25 PM   #4
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

My cars taken some time to come together mainly due to the fact ta I work with cars namely BMW's 24/7 and don't really get the vibe to continually do things as TBH at times I wanna switch off

But on yours getting M3 skirts will really do something to the cars side profile

the issue you may have these days as a few have discovered is finding a set.

The LCI rear lights do make a little difference I had my set sitting in a box for over a year and only recently put them on but glad I did as it makes a difference like you I put a high kick rear spoiler on and that makes the back end look so good and it'll all go with the 335 esq twin pipe set up and defusser mod you've done

Wheels make and brake a car MV4's can look great but there's history with these wheels as you'll know but one kid keeping these wheels is to do a subtle colour change with Silver I'd go for a light grey so not to take away the spike design MV4's have too darker a wheel you lose some detail.

2 questions is ask you one is who done the steering wheel and secondly what approach did you take re the bonnet ?

Last edited by old grey steve; 08-30-2015 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Wow, this is awesome! That front end is so aggressive, the side skirts will complete the look for sure! Also interested in the questions Steve asked.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 03:57 PM   #6
JJC91
Rep

I know exactly what you mean about the wheels. I was thinking of going for a colour like the colour of your car. Like a gun metal/anthracite.

The steering wheel was done by a guy in Poland. His price seemed reasonable and he didn't need my wheel to make it or for me to send mine when the new one arrived.

The done took quite a bit of work, I bought it shaped from a sheet of steel in Germany and got it posted over. I then bonded it to my bonnet and smoothed it off round the sheet then re sprayed it. A lot of hard work but it came out a treat
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 02:27 AM   #7
E30 sam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 330d M sport

Wow that front end looks awesome and that steering wheel looks insane. Where is the steering wheel from?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 03:54 AM   #8
will_68
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92

Looking sweet!

Will you be selling the original m sport front bumper/fogs etc?

Gunmetal wheels would look good, don't go too dark on silver cars though.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 04:01 AM   #9
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJC91 View Post
I know exactly what you mean about the wheels. I was thinking of going for a colour like the colour of your car. Like a gun metal/anthracite.

The steering wheel was done by a guy in Poland. His price seemed reasonable and he didn't need my wheel to make it or for me to send mine when the new one arrived.

The done took quite a bit of work, I bought it shaped from a sheet of steel in Germany and got it posted over. I then bonded it to my bonnet and smoothed it off round the sheet then re sprayed it. A lot of hard work but it came out a treat
My wheels are a Matt finish in a light Gunmetal shade the colours awesome, but take my advise on your wheels avoid Matt finish like the plague as it holds dirt like nothing else even on my 230's to get all the dirt off(and I still find little specs after I finish)I can spend over an hour easily, on yours with those spokes if you were to clean them in a matt finish you'll start in September and finish in October. Getting the colour right is important the Matt finish gives the base colour a lighter appearance everyone's done gunmetal,ferric grey so if you chose to do a grey personally I'd lighten the base colour and apply the standard top cost for easy cleaning.

As for the steering wheel I'm guessing Jack from RoyalSteeringWheel had a hand in the end result. As for the bonnet you've gone the same route as some of the others on here and have to say I do like it I had another look at the 1M bumper does look aggressive fit and finish and issues some gad with this put me off venturing down this route but yours doesn't seem too bad a fit

Last edited by old grey steve; 09-04-2015 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 07:01 AM   #10
JJC91
Rep

I like the atomic CSL alloys in the classified section by ********. I don't know anyone who's bought from them though so I don't know what there like. There also a satin gun metal, the colour looks really nice but as you said I'm not sure if it will be too close to Matt or too dark :/

The bumper fits a lot better than I expected, it took quite a lot of playing around but in the end I got it somewhere near. The gap on the passenger side is slightly bigger than the drivers but it's not too far out that it's that obviously and other than that it fits well. I guess with aftermarket parts the fit is never 100%. I am happy with it though and can live with the figment for how much it transforms the look.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 07:36 AM   #11
JJC91
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_68 View Post
Looking sweet!

Will you be selling the original m sport front bumper/fogs etc?

Gunmetal wheels would look good, don't go too dark on silver cars though.
Yeah I'll be putting it up for sale this week. The bumper is pretty badly stone chipped so could probably do with a respray. All bottom grills and fogs with it, it's just missing the kidney grills.

I know, that's my worry that too dark wheels will ruin the look of the car. I might keep the new wheels silver yet I don't know :/
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 07:37 AM   #12
JJC91
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 sam View Post
Wow that front end looks awesome and that steering wheel looks insane. Where is the steering wheel from?
A guy I got talking too over in Poland. He did a really nice job of it that was the main thing I wanted to swap to change up the interior
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 09:05 AM   #13
grimwood1992
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Car looks great man. Can wheels are a reputable company I have purchased from them before. Great customer service and wheel arrived next day. Chris the owner is an intelligent guy. Give him a call if you have any queries
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 03:01 PM   #14
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

car looks so good!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #15
JackHerring
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

I want that steering wheel!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 03:22 AM   #16
JJC91
Rep

Thanks guys Unfortunatly modding has stopped for a while now to fit a new bathroom which I was meant to start before I even got the car haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimwood1992 View Post
Car looks great man. Can wheels are a reputable company I have purchased from them before. Great customer service and wheel arrived next day. Chris the owner is an intelligent guy. Give him a call if you have any queries
I'll drop him a message then do you know whether anyone's ran run flats on his wheels? I know most people take them off but both my rears are only a few weeks old :/

Also I got a flat on the way to Wales on the motorway and drove the rest of the way there and home on it and it was fine (other than needing changing the next day) but it drove like nothing was wrong which makes my sceptical about taking them off.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 04:29 AM   #17
Tim G
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 3.0d LCI

Lovely looking bumper, makes all the dofference!

What is smokers pack delete then out of interest?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #18
JJC91
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim G View Post
Lovely looking bumper, makes all the dofference!

What is smokers pack delete then out of interest?
It removes the ashtray and ciggerette lighter and replaces it with an open storage space that can fit a pair of sunglasses. It uses the original lid
Appreciate 0