E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For…

08-21-2015, 12:14 PM   #1
Greg330
Major
Rep
Drives: E91 335i

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For…

In the words of U2 I can’t find what I’m looking for which is a manual LCI E91 335i.

I’ve a few colour combinations I’d settle for but nav and panoramic roof are key. All other options would be a bonus.

Since I began looking not one has come close, I look on Autotrader and eBay, occasionally Pistonheads but the classifieds annoys me on there!

I’m at the stage I’d consider an E90 but still no sign of anything that fits the bill. I’ve even kept a note off all 90/91’s since April and I’ve seen 5!

In the meantime I bought this as something to smoke around in and really like it as its different, I wanted something different to replace the E92 to help the grieving process…..

I’m starting to think I keep the 159 and get something to go alongside it. My searches always come back to an E46 M3 cab, I particularly like this…
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-M3...item2a560e79db

I guess what I’m asking is there anyone else out there looking/looked for an E91 manual 35 and found what they were looking for or just given up?!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
JM85
Captain
Rep
Drives: EBII F30 + AW E90

If your looking for an M3 (e46) you need to be speaking to these guys

My first my M3 came from them, top lads
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 01:47 PM   #3
Mark e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

i feel your pain ! I'm after a 330i e91 they are hard cars to come by. I have a search saved in auto trader for petrol e91 and your lucky if 1 new car comes up once every 2 weeks. I was originally after an e92 but a very nice e91 came up close to me which changed my preference, too late though by the time i made my mind up and phoned it was gone ! Every day goes by i regret it more as i now realise how rare these cars are and the likelihood is i will need to settle on something i.e. pan roof, manual box, black leather that car had all of them !
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #4
Greg330
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markcaughey
i feel your pain ! I'm after a 330i e91 they are hard cars to come by. I have a search saved in auto trader for petrol e91 and your lucky if 1 new car comes up once every 2 weeks. I was originally after an e92 but a very nice e91 came up close to me which changed my preference, too late though by the time i made my mind up and phoned it was gone ! Every day goes by i regret it more as i now realise how rare these cars are and the likelihood is i will need to settle on something i.e. pan roof, manual box, black leather that car had all of them !
This is the thing if one comes up you've got to go for it!!

I worry there is atleast another 10 people like me with cash at the ready. The chances of getting a bargain is also slim!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 01:00 AM   #5
daedos
Rep
Drives: Pending

Not LCI....
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01508216259721
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #6
MattOz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina G21 D3S

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Essentially you're looking for a car of which, I believe, there are less than 20 in the UK. I bought mine when it came up for sale as I'd always fancied one. Ideally, I'd also have wanted Nav and sunroof, but actually my car has neither and it makes no difference to the way it drives anyway.

There were 3 that came onto the market last year and they all went for £16k+. One at a BMW dealer was £22k if I remember correctly.

Good luck with your search
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #7
Tim G
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 3.0d LCI

I wanted a manual 325/330d and that was hard enough! For some reason manuals are severely out of favour in the big engined beemers!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #8
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Tourers are a nightmare to find, when I was looking I'd of loved a 335i Touring(don't need the space but like the idea of the Tourer for that sleeperish look) I was after a few options, like Xenon's and Sat Nav, but finding a Tourer was impossible, let alone one with some spec, incident see a single car, didn't fare any better re a saloon, I wanted Xenon's, Nav again and all that was around was basic spec stuff or high mileage rough around the edge cars, as I was nigh on car less I opted for a Coupe and as you'll know there were and still are today a fair few on the market so the net was cast and it was easy from there to get done wheels at last. So that's what I opted for.

As for the 159 driven a couple slightly odd driving position but the engines both Twin Spark and that too die for 3.2 V6 are great and now I'd guess apart from fuel cheap to buy. Enjoy and be patient something will finally come along
      08-22-2015, 05:04 PM   #9
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

I've always liked that Alpha Greg, and yours looks clean!!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 02:54 AM   #10
Greg330
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedos View Post
I have considered a pre LCI and doing a front end conversion. Not sure how cheap or easy it is to do yourself. There was one close to me not so long ago it was good spec and mileage and once owned by Bruno Senna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOz View Post
Essentially you're looking for a car of which, I believe, there are less than 20 in the UK. I bought mine when it came up for sale as I'd always fancied one. Ideally, I'd also have wanted Nav and sunroof, but actually my car has neither and it makes no difference to the way it drives anyway.

There were 3 that came onto the market last year and they all went for £16k+. One at a BMW dealer was £22k if I remember correctly.

Good luck with your search
As few as that! There is definitely have to be a few scrafices when one comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Tourers are a nightmare to find, when I was looking I'd of loved a 335i Touring(don't need the space but like the idea of the Tourer for that sleeperish look) I was after a few options, like Xenon's and Sat Nav, but finding a Tourer was impossible, let alone one with some spec, incident see a single car, didn't fare any better re a saloon, I wanted Xenon's, Nav again and all that was around was basic spec stuff or high mileage rough around the edge cars, as I was nigh on car less I opted for a Coupe and as you'll know there were and still are today a fair few on the market so the net was cast and it was easy from there to get done wheels at last. So that's what I opted for.

As for the 159 driven a couple slightly odd driving position but the engines both Twin Spark and that too die for 3.2 V6 are great and now I'd guess apart from fuel cheap to buy. Enjoy and be patient something will finally come along
I remember you saying you looked and then went for a coupe.

Unfortunately my Alfa is a diesel. The lack of power aside its a nice drive and a very comfortable cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess View Post
I've always liked that Alpha Greg, and yours looks clean!!
It wasn't when I bought it!! Got it for a good price and gave it some TLC and its come up really well!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 04:49 AM   #11
Dann
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 335i

I wanted a manual LCI 335i too but I've only ever seen 3 for sale.
One was up for 18k with saddle brown leather pretty much the week after I got my E90. One was on here and had too many miles for me and the 373rd was an auto and was 21k from chandlers BMW.

I settled for an E90 in the end as the E91s never came up for sale at a decent price or in the spec I wanted.

I would suggest speaking to Birds as they have sold a few of them recently
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 06:06 AM   #12
Bbbeemer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 840i CG

If they are of any interest I am selling both our E90 and E92 (sorry not an E91!) as i am purchasing a new car and dont need the two. Both are manual but pre lci but very low mileage, the e90 is a mapped 325i and the e92 a 335i both m sports with some decent upgrades mainly around suspension and exhaust.

Drop me a pm if you need any details.

Last edited by Bbbeemer; 08-24-2015 at 06:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 06:26 AM   #13
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg330 View Post
I have been tempted to go for this car myself! Atlantis vert is as good as the 3 series gets.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 06:33 AM   #14
Aragorn30d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Your simply looking for too many rare options.

No-one buys cars with sunroofs any more, so before you even begin, your already at a huge disadvantage.

As mentioned 6 cyl manuals are rare, tourings are rarer than the saloons anyway, and 6cyl tourings are rarer still, 35i tourings even more so.

Add LCI to the mix and start moaning about high mileage and the simple fact is your not going to find one.

To put some figures to it, there are 52 manual 335i MSport Tourings in the UK. Theres a further 12 in SE spec. Thats in total from start of production in 2006:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=...q=335i+touring

And infact, looking at the distribution of numbers against year, almost NO LCI's at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 07:17 AM   #15
Dann
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn30d View Post
Your simply looking for too many rare options.

No-one buys cars with sunroofs any more, so before you even begin, your already at a huge disadvantage.

As mentioned 6 cyl manuals are rare, tourings are rarer than the saloons anyway, and 6cyl tourings are rarer still, 35i tourings even more so.

Add LCI to the mix and start moaning about high mileage and the simple fact is your not going to find one.

To put some figures to it, there are 52 manual 335i MSport Tourings in the UK. Theres a further 12 in SE spec. Thats in total from start of production in 2006:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=...q=335i+touring

And infact, looking at the distribution of numbers against year, almost NO LCI's at all.

Not to piss on your parade but Howmanyleft is no where near accurate.
      08-24-2015, 07:58 AM   #16
Aragorn30d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Might not be perfect, but it comes from data provided by the DFT.

Now while i agree, that such large govt datasets arent going to be perfect, they're going to fairly closely agree with the true situation...

If its wrong, it'll be the odd few cars, rather than showing 52 when theres actually 5 hundred...

The main potential issue i can see, might be that BMW stopped registering touring models with "touring" in the model name. I dont know if thats true or not, you'd have to look at the V5's for a decent subset of touring models to see if touring appears on there or not. It may even be that they stopped putting touring on after a particular year, which might explain why there appear to be no LCI models listed. However 330d models for instance the touring numbers continue climbing throughout E90 production.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 08:04 AM   #17
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn30d View Post
Might not be perfect, but it comes from data provided by the DFT.

Now while i agree, that such large govt datasets arent going to be perfect, they're going to fairly closely agree with the true situation...

If its wrong, it'll be the odd few cars, rather than showing 52 when theres actually 5 hundred...

The main potential issue i can see, might be that BMW stopped registering touring models with "touring" in the model name. I dont know if thats true or not, you'd have to look at the V5's for a decent subset of touring models to see if touring appears on there or not. It may even be that they stopped putting touring on after a particular year, which might explain why there appear to be no LCI models listed. However 330d models for instance the touring numbers continue climbing throughout E90 production.
The stats are pretty accurate and correlate well with what is seen on the used market.

335i manual tourings are RARE. All 335 manuals are rare in fact.
Appreciate 0