E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Electrical issue?

08-17-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
Gmby99
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

Electrical issue?

So Im having this issue for the past 2 weeks that's driven me crazy.

Essentially, the car won't start, it all started when all the dash lights came on (transmission, TPS, brake, ABS, seat belt, air bag, etc.)
Took it to a shop and they said they'll reset the car and this should take care of it. It did, for 2 days, then all of a sudden the car wouldn't start. It just clicks.

I called AAA they twice,
the first guy tried a charge pack nothing. said it had to be towed.

called AAA towing, the second guy tested the battery, said it was good it just didn't have enough charge to start the car. Plugged his charge pack. And Viola!! car started on the first try.
Took it back to the shop, they said the I may need a new key fob. I said the car won't start with the spare key either. They said I may need a new receiver.

After running fine for a couple of days the car once again wouldn't start, called AAA a 3rd time, this guys tried the charge pack, didn't work. tried jumper cables, didn't work. Tried jumper cables in the front, charge pack in the rear. Didn't work. Then lastly he disconnected all cables and charge pack and then tried and the car started. He said the nut may have been loose on the module that sits on top of the battery.

Again, a few days later the car doesn't start. Charge pack won't work. I've removed the battery, taken it to a auto store to get it charged. They said the car requires 850 A to start, the battery has 882A, reinstalled it and nothing. It only clicks.

I'm ready to just take it back to the dealer and trade it in.

If anybody has any idea what could be happening. please advise.

Thank you
Appreciate 0