E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Is this setup a bad idea? Need advice brothas

08-16-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
Manbearpig
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport

Is this setup a bad idea? Need advice brothas

Which setup for tires is better?
Hi all! Finally got rid of my Potenza runflats in the front of my car(2011 AT 335i) since I hit a bad pothole. The rear are still runflats and are around 50% tread. I replaced the front with continental extreme contact DW and am so far impressed. As far as the rear, the tire is in good shape but the inside is almost completely worn down! Is this a camber issue? Perhaps I should set the camber for positively. Finally, would you guys recommend replacing the rears with continental DW or Michelin Super sports? I find the SS have better ratings and are 10$ cheaper per tire, but I would be running a staggered setup which shouldnt be a big deal since I have rear wheel drive correct? Thanks!
Appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 06:40 PM   #2
dbond
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

To me there is no contest - SS all the way. Considering it's RWD and staggered it does not really matter what you have in rear vs. front.
Appreciate 0