E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Pac Northwest Golf Tourney?

02-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
jdink
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT

Pac Northwest Golf Tourney?

Do any of you guys golf? I'd be interested in trying to set up a small E90 golf tournament sometime this spring if we can get enough people.... maybe try to get some local sponsors? Let me know what you think.

p.s. i just picked up golf last summer. i'm horrible but I love it. Have only broken 100 a handful of times but I do have 1 eagle (6th hole @ Allenmore)
      02-23-2008, 12:34 AM   #2
PJS3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

never heard of allenmore..where is that? i golf mainly around seattle but have been nearly everwhere (except allenmore). Id be up for a tourney, or just a good ol fashion round of golf. However im about a 6 handicap and have been playing for 12 yrs now
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJS3 View Post
never heard of allenmore..where is that? i golf mainly around seattle but have been nearly everwhere (except allenmore). Id be up for a tourney, or just a good ol fashion round of golf. However im about a 6 handicap and have been playing for 12 yrs now
Allenmore is in Tacoma, it borders 19th and Cedar. No offense to Jeff, but it is kind of a shit course....although not bad for a beginner. It has 5 par 5's which are all reachable.

I'd be in for golf as well....I belong to the mens club at the West Seattle Golf Course. I'm a 9 handicap....trending to a 25
      02-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #4
jdink
Major
United_States
Rep

Haha it is definitely a shit course but its close to where I live and and plays pretty fast, so its a fun place to go for me after work in the summer as I can usually get 18 in in just a few hours. (If you really want to talk about a shit course, the one right by the airport... i forget what its called... but i thinnk its the third hole that you have to hit over a house? lol)

Have you guys been down to Chambers Bay yet? Beautiful course. They just announced that the open will be played there in years to come! I haven't played many courses up in Seattle yet, but most of the ones down here i've been to at least once so i'd be open to any ideas!
      02-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdink View Post
Haha it is definitely a shit course but its close to where I live and and plays pretty fast, so its a fun place to go for me after work in the summer as I can usually get 18 in in just a few hours. (If you really want to talk about a shit course, the one right by the airport... i forget what its called... but i thinnk its the third hole that you have to hit over a house? lol)

Have you guys been down to Chambers Bay yet? Beautiful course. They just announced that the open will be played there in years to come! I haven't played many courses up in Seattle yet, but most of the ones down here i've been to at least once so i'd be open to any ideas!
Sorry - I really shouldn't have said allenmore was shitty....hell I played some courses in eastern WA that cows wouldn't even walk on.

The course you're thinking of by the airport is Tyee. I haven't played there in 10 years. It's a trip when a plane goes over you at about 200 feet!

I actually played chambers bay last sunday with a bunch of guys from my mens club....it was incredible. A beautiful links style course that has some of the toughest greens I've ever played on. Very unjulating (spelling?). I shot a 92...and was thrilled. The lowest score of the 16 guys was a 85....and there were several 3 or lower handicaps.

Last edited by normtrum; 02-23-2008 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
PJS3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

great to hear good things about Chambers Bay! I am looking forward to playing there over summer if I can some how find time away from work which is next to impossible. Im off to Scottsdale in a couple weeks so Im looking forward to dusting off the ol clubs and putting them to good use...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
jdink
Major
United_States
Rep

If any of you guys are looking to make charitable donations to a worthy cause (The YMCA Stong Kids Campaign) I can probably arrange a round of golf at Chambers and a Campaign Banner to be hung at the YMCA with your name on it!