E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Emergency coding help needed in Beaconsfield - stranded

07-31-2015, 04:17 PM   #1
AzRiz
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LE500

Emergency coding help needed in Beaconsfield - stranded

Hey guys

One of our cars is stranded with STEERING LOCK in Beaconsfield services right now

Been told we need it coded out using INPA to be able to get moving again

Anyone able to help please???

Progress Thread | Instagram: @azriz
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 05:59 AM   #2
Robin330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport

Don't think you can code it out - I thought it was a replacement steering rack that is needed.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #3
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Az tried ringing earlier today after I got a call last night, tried calling and sent a text following it up today to see but it might be worth looking at the main power cable from the battery area direct to the main fuse box behind the dash(runs down the offside of the vehicle) if the main cable has been in any way disturbed then that can crate all kinds of issues.

Steering lock coming on can be created for a number of reasons but normally on its own doesn't create a non starting no power esq. issue, an the steering ELV providing it's non critical can be re set but there are the odd occasions that it's gone too far but if it's not gone critical then I think to something more deep routed has taken place perhaps power wise, but as we know the car won't start and will therefore be in park. I'd start with the cable and with all the stuff located on the battery as last time we found the issue its was audio related.

I suggested INPA purely as someone may have it with them plus it at least enable someone to interprete what's going on as guessing why something has taken place is as I've discovered mighty difficult with these cars.

But I'll keep trying the phone.

Last edited by old grey steve; 08-01-2015 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 06:36 AM   #4
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

All sorted to a degree.
      08-02-2015, 07:15 AM   #5
AzRiz
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LE500

Steve, just seeing this now, thanks a lot for your support and for answering the phone on Friday night.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 10:19 AM   #6
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRiz View Post
Steve, just seeing this now, thanks a lot for your support and for answering the phone on Friday night.
No worries, I'd just come back from the pub when I got the callbut understood to an extent the issue it was something we'd seen before so to an extent over knew how punishing it was, the main thing was the car could be once the selector could be put into neutral be recovered as I envisaged jacking the car using dollies to pull it on to a flat bed, but by the grace of God it could be rolled on.

We'll relieve the car once we are all back from our little 1 week break and will have a good look and see what's what.
      08-02-2015, 04:13 PM   #7
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Steve is the man!
Appreciate 0