F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F36 GC M sport side skirts
Studio RSR

07-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
Bricktrix
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback

F36 GC M sport side skirts

I've never had any luck trying to search for any posts on these, and can only ever find the decals on Ebay,...not the actual sills.

I'm presuming most appear to order their GC's in M sport trim that already have these skirts included in the package, so I may be banging my head on the desk with this.

I'm trying to find if anyone has managed to change their stock flat side sills, over to the more shapley M sport versions on an F36 GC? (I have a sport but the sills are flat)

I called in today to Knights in Stoke on my way home from work and got a price for these new, primed with all the fittings at £460.00 (including a 10 quid discount, lucky me!!)
I would still need to get them sprayed and fitted.
I'm sure I once stumbled across a post where someone mentioned they got them for around £91 each?

I've seen another post tonight on here with someone who showed their reciept for many things, including £330 for the sill extensions, which I think are the M Performance extensions that can only be fitted onto the M sport sills?

Can anyone please offer any advice as to what I "should" be searching for on Ebay, (as I always seem to draw blanks) and what kind of price I should be expecting.
I'm going to give Cotswolds a ring tomorrow and see if they can better what I've been quoted.

One thing the dealers did tell me tonight is BMW are now offering more good discounts on interior trim upgrades for retro fit, if thats of any interest to anyone?
Previous BMW's owned in last 30 years: E30 C2 2.3 Alpina, E30 325i (multiples), E30 M3, E36 M3 x2, last one owned for 9 years. 11 years out, got an F36 4GC then Merc AMG C43 Coupe. Now Audi RS5 Sportback.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

I believe the sills are exactly the same as the Coupe which in turn are the same as the M4.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=281744377797

Any good, only one side.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #4
Bricktrix
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback

Well Cotswold came up trump today.

Quoted £367 initially. (dont need the fittings as they are the same)
With their discount, inc VAT and delivery to me, £321.00 so quite a result compared to yesterday!
Plus the guy was very nice / passionate about BM's which always helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I believe the sills are exactly the same as the Coupe which in turn are the same as the M4.
I asked the question, he tried to find out, still unsure as the quote he gave was for listed F36 GC Msport side sills (not the extensions that only fit onto the Msport sills).....so cant give a 100% yes or no to that.
I'm sure I've read somewhere that the wheelbase on the GC is abour 2cm longer, but I could be confusing that with the overall length and / or having another "senior moment".

Also quoted £428.00 for genuine carbon mirrors. That wasnt so good, but I only wanted a price gauge for these, as I'm kinda liking the body coloured ones I have......but just incase its of any interest to anyone looking at a set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k44ENT View Post
Um, not really but thanks anyway
Previous BMW's owned in last 30 years: E30 C2 2.3 Alpina, E30 325i (multiples), E30 M3, E36 M3 x2, last one owned for 9 years. 11 years out, got an F36 4GC then Merc AMG C43 Coupe. Now Audi RS5 Sportback.
Appreciate 0