R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

06-07-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Need help, newbie in LA

Hello Guys,

I don't know if this is the smartest thing to do, but I might need some help from the experts and locals of course.

so I will be moving to LA in 1 month, yet I can't decide and find an apartment to rent and stay for a year.

I am searching somewhere near westwood blvd / wilshire blvd, somewhere I could easily reach santa monica and malibu area.

I was about to decide on Legacy at westwood however they give me horrible deals and not accurate information, very not supportive.

I have a budget of 3k a month. need good parking for 2 cars, no need valet ( i never use valet), 24 hours doorman.

good clearance entrance for low cars .
sorry if this post is insufficient and useless, however I am really lost and by the time I went there to survey I think it will be to late to not decide.

thanks guys!
      06-08-2015, 01:38 AM   #2
Phillie9284
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F80, TR F97

It's going to be hard finding a place with two parking spots. Good luck bro.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
I am searching somewhere near westwood blvd / wilshire blvd, somewhere I could easily reach santa monica and malibu area.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/solair-residences-los-angeles
      06-08-2015, 06:29 PM   #4
CreoUCLA
Bruin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S6 → 2016 M3

I always drove by this place when I lived in an apartment near Kelton/Veteran, but not sure if they have the amenities you're looking for;

http://www.therochesterapts.com/

Is there a reason you need to live close to Westwood/Wilshire? Unless you're going to UCLA, I'd probably find a place more towards Playa Vista/Marina Del Rey.
      06-08-2015, 06:45 PM   #5
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Plenty of good buildings near San Vicente and Barrington. Look up and call CPC managment co. I lived in one of their buildings (11710 Mayfield) for many years and they were fantastic to work with and I had 2 garage spots and low cars were not a problem. No 24 hr doorman though. If the 24 hr doorman is a must your choices are very limited in LA.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 09:11 PM   #6
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillie9284 View Post
It's going to be hard finding a place with two parking spots. Good luck bro.
Yes bro,
found one but only one parking, got extra $100 usd for a car each month..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService View Post
Thanks will look it out bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreoUCLA View Post
I always drove by this place when I lived in an apartment near Kelton/Veteran, but not sure if they have the amenities you're looking for;

http://www.therochesterapts.com/

Is there a reason you need to live close to Westwood/Wilshire? Unless you're going to UCLA, I'd probably find a place more towards Playa Vista/Marina Del Rey.
I not going there sadly haha!
yes they say traffic was not so bad for my route from there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
Plenty of good buildings near San Vicente and Barrington. Look up and call CPC managment co. I lived in one of their buildings (11710 Mayfield) for many years and they were fantastic to work with and I had 2 garage spots and low cars were not a problem. No 24 hr doorman though. If the 24 hr doorman is a must your choices are very limited in LA.
THanks will look it up brother,,