BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

01-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
ee2
Rep
Drives: land rover lr3

Help with understanding SUB/IPOD

Im about to order my m3 and i am hoping for some clarification on the usb/ipod adaptor. Currently in my land rover i use the auxilary jack to playback from my ipod. it works ok but of course doesnt charge the ipod.
I plan to order the Technology Package which includes I-drive. Is it necessary to spend the extra $400 for the usb/ipod adaptor or is it possible to simply use the aux input if im willing to charge it outside of the car?

thanks. im not technical but appreciate the help!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ee2 View Post
Im about to order my m3 and i am hoping for some clarification on the usb/ipod adaptor. Currently in my land rover i use the auxilary jack to playback from my ipod. it works ok but of course doesnt charge the ipod.
I plan to order the Technology Package which includes I-drive. Is it necessary to spend the extra $400 for the usb/ipod adaptor or is it possible to simply use the aux input if im willing to charge it outside of the car?

thanks. im not technical but appreciate the help!
It is not necessary under your particular requirements... you will be able to listen to your iPod still thru the AUX connection. However, you will not have any iPod control, display or battery charging thru OEM buttons/screen/electronics other than volume.
Appreciate 0