GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

02-09-2015, 08:33 AM   #1
mtrack
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Need help with coding question-Long Island

Hi all. Is there any coding pro in the Long Island area that could help me out with some tech advise? I have E-Sys, a token and Pin. I'm knew to coding but, have read all the instructional PDFs carefully. I've hit a road block. I tried coding in a couple of modules but the change of highest priority to me is in the HU_NBT Module 3000. Want to turn ASD(Active Sound Design) off. The changes to the ausgelesen "nicht_active" to "active" won't stick. I describe the steps I took in detail in this thread posted in the do it DIY/Coding section.
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1088768
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrack View Post
Hi all. Is there any coding pro in the Long Island area that could help me out with some tech advise? I have E-Sys, a token and Pin. I'm knew to coding but, have read all the instructional PDFs carefully. I've hit a road block. I tried coding in a couple of modules but the change of highest priority to me is in the HU_NBT Module 3000. Want to turn ASD(Active Sound Design) off. The changes to the ausgelesen "nicht_active" to "active" won't stick. I describe the steps I took in detail in this thread posted in the do it DIY/Coding section.
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1088768
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I do coding, if you want to come by I can do it for you and also show you what you might be doing wrong.

Also, this is not the best way to disable ASD. It should be disabled in the ASD module.

I am in Nassau County.
      02-09-2015, 11:43 PM   #3
mtrack
Private
Rep

In the HU_NBT Module 3000 → ASD_SOUND_OFF set to: aktiv. the default setting was nicht_active. I coded this earlier in the evening with the help of shawnsheridan. Will this shut off active sound? Is there a better way in the ASD Module?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrack View Post
In the HU_NBT Module 3000 → ASD_SOUND_OFF set to: aktiv. the default setting was nicht_active. I coded this earlier in the evening with the help of shawnsheridan. Will this shut off active sound? Is there a better way in the ASD Module?
It should be disabled in the ASD module, not the headunit, I'm not sure if the one in the headunit even does anything. It might, I'm not sure to be honest. You should have been able to hear the difference I think.
      02-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #5
mtrack
Private
Rep

Had the chance to drive it today. Sounds quieter in the cabin in sport than before. Exhaust is still fairly loud but, it sounds like it's coming from outside the car toward the rear of the vehicle. My teenage daughter claims there is a huge difference and commented that it sounded like the engine sound was "coming from outside the car now." The sound is less "boomy" if that makes sense. Sounds a lot flatter in most parts of the rev range. Trouble is, it's all so subjective. Could all be the placebo affect. The code was for ASD OFF changed from nicht_activ to active. So I believe that means turning it off by making the off switch active. When I looked in the ASD Module all I could find that seemed relevant was a volume level of "3" related to the upgraded sound system. I have the Harmon Kardon option. Were as in the HU_NBT module as stated above there's seemingly a literal off switch for ASD.
Appreciate 0