BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

01-19-2008, 02:10 AM   #1
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Question about interior trim

In the order guide it lists three trims as being standard equipment: 4BZ Titanium trim, 760 Shadowline trim, and 771 Titanium shadow trim. I know that Shadowline refers to the exterior trim around the windows. And one of the other two refers to the trim inside the car on the dash, doors, and console (not sure which given their similar names). But what does the third trim option refer to? Anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe

I know Titanium Shadow refers to the dash and doors treatment but don't know what the other one is.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Guess it's a mistake. 771 is the code for the titanium shadow trim in Europe. 4BZ is the code for the same trim according to the US guide...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Guess it's a mistake. 771 is the code for the titanium shadow trim in Europe. 4BZ is the code for the same trim according to the US guide...

Best regards, south
South, so you're are saying Titanium and Titanium shadow are the same trim, just with different numbers (and they mistakenly put both on the sheet)? I can understand the different names I suppose, but I wonder why they'd be different numbers?

My original thought was that one of these might refer to the metallic trim on the radio dials and the air vents for example. If I recall all US cars have this as of MY2007, but not all European cars do. If this is the case then it could have its own option code. Of course this was just a wild guess.
Appreciate 0