R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

01-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
UH_TX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///AMG C63

M4 Widebody Hou Autoshow

FYI my bro just texted me that the Houston Autoshow has a widebody M4 in the best color (YMB)

Show ends on Sunday

[IMG]
download_20150122_183454
///AMG 2009 P30 Calcite White C63 - V4 Eurocharged ******* 2012 Mini Countryman S JCW
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2015, 08:40 AM   #2
IMMLaw
Esq.
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Beautiful color and car.. but the wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

thanks for posting. Any more pics?

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Going tomorrow. What part of the show is this?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 02:45 PM   #5
Kyuze
High Warlord
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

I keep getting pictures from people at the show. Blah it's making me want to go but i'm pretty sure it's going to be so packed tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 10:18 PM   #6
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuze
I keep getting pictures from people at the show. Blah it's making me want to go but i'm pretty sure it's going to be so packed tomorrow
Definitely will be packed. Key is to go as soo a s it opens and see the few cars that you REALLY want to see
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 02:30 PM   #7
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M View Post
Definitely will be packed. Key is to go as soo a s it opens and see the few cars that you REALLY want to see
We got there as soon as it opened and by 11:30 it was packed.

The BMW stand was pretty lame. One Fire Orange M4 with carbon structure interior and CCB's, which was locked. The only other M product was the X5M!....which was also locked. Boo. A nice Flamenco Red X6, and some series cars. The only other cool paint was a Moonstone 650 Convertible. I thought it was really cool. My wife hated it. I must admit, that it does look a lot like any other silver car in some lights. And there's a ton of gold in it highlighted by the yellow lights in the arena). There was an i8, but it was locked.

Overall, I was very disappointed in the show. Much of the Euro cars were dealer supplied....Porsche was all from Porsche North Houston, Mercedes looked to be all from Star Motors. Audi and BMW were corporate, but honestly last year's display was better.

I was sad to see that there were none of the newly released interesting cars. No ATS-V or CTS-V, no Corvette Z06, no Lexus GS F, no Mustang GT 350, no AMG GT or C63. No new Q7 or Volvo XC90. A lot of decent cars missing.

There was, however, a stupidly amazing Pagani Huayra, in Argentine Blue / White. Jaw. Dropping.

By the way, the wide body M4 looked hideous. Total Rice, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 11:52 PM   #8
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Funny thing - I saw a dark colored Huayra parked outside Up on Westheimer this evening. Wonder if it's the same one from the show?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #9
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M View Post
Funny thing - I saw a dark colored Huayra parked outside Up on Westheimer this evening. Wonder if it's the same one from the show?
Doubt it. The Argentine blue was a very electric color. Think Estoril.

There WAS an all carbon (well, unpainted) Huayra parked outside in the parking lot when we left. Had no plates on it, but was parked right near the ride and drive events.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #10
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post

The BMW stand was pretty lame. One Fire Orange M4 with carbon structure interior and CCB's, which was locked. The only other M product was the X5M!....which was also locked. Boo. A nice Flamenco Red X6, and some series cars. The only other cool paint was a Moonstone 650 Convertible. I thought it was really cool. My wife hated it. I must admit, that it does look a lot like any other silver car in some lights. And there's a ton of gold in it highlighted by the yellow lights in the arena). There was an i8, but it was locked.

Overall, I was very disappointed in the show. Much of the Euro cars were dealer supplied....Porsche was all from Porsche North Houston, Mercedes looked to be all from Star Motors. Audi and BMW were corporate, but honestly last year's display was better.

I was sad to see that there were none of the newly released interesting cars. No ATS-V or CTS-V, no Corvette Z06, no Lexus GS F, no Mustang GT 350, no AMG GT or C63. No new Q7 or Volvo XC90. A lot of decent cars missing.

There was, however, a stupidly amazing Pagani Huayra, in Argentine Blue / White. Jaw. Dropping.

This is the first show Ive missed in close to 6 years. Your review made me feel better. I thought for sure the new Z06 would be there and am shocked the XC90 was also absent. This show needs to move away from the Detroit time frame, too much focus and attention on that show to have the manufacturers put their best in Texas/Boston/wherever you love.
      01-26-2015, 07:44 AM   #11
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post

This is the first show Ive missed in close to 6 years. Your review made me feel better. I thought for sure the new Z06 would be there and am shocked the XC90 was also absent. This show needs to move away from the Detroit time frame, too much focus and attention on that show to have the manufacturers put their best in Texas/Boston/wherever you love.
Detroit timing does hurt. Lack of manufacturer support hurts worse. Volvo had announced some time ago that they were only going to do like 3 or shows worldwide a year to cut costs. Meaning everything else is done by the local dealers. Porsche and Mercedes efforts were local dealers and it showed. BMW was definitely some corporate involvement, but not much.
Appreciate 0