Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

01-13-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
sherm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW M4

Photographers around Portland?

Anyone know any good photographers around Portland for a professional photoshoot of my M4?
///M4 | Alpine White | Sakhir Orange Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim & Roof | DCT | Black 19" Wheels | Executive Package | Driver Assistance Plus Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Enhanced USB | Parking Assist | Harman Kardon
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #2
Bonzer103
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY/SO M3

Curious as to how many M owners in Portland area. You and Gregg in LO are the only ones I've come across on the forum. I'm in West Linn, but won't take possession until March/April (week 8 build date). I have seen a white E90 in Tualatin. I have been enjoying the M spotting activity while on the road, just have been unsuccessful. Good luck with finding a photographer, new to the area so do not know of any.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
GoDucksYellO
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 2015

Dashing Tails Photography

My friend does photography and she took some great shots of my M3. She has some samples of her work on her web site.

Computer:
http://dashingtails.com/galleries/mo...s/motorsports/

Mobile:
http://www.dashingtailsphotography.c...ry=motorsports

This is a shot of my car...

Last edited by GoDucksYellO; 01-19-2015 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Add a link
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 10:17 PM   #4
sherm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzer103 View Post
Curious as to how many M owners in Portland area. You and Gregg in LO are the only ones I've come across on the forum. I'm in West Linn, but won't take possession until March/April (week 8 build date). I have seen a white E90 in Tualatin. I have been enjoying the M spotting activity while on the road, just have been unsuccessful. Good luck with finding a photographer, new to the area so do not know of any.
There's quite a bit E90s and E92s on the roads but I've only seen 2 white F80s but no F82s so far other than my brother's F82
///M4 | Alpine White | Sakhir Orange Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim & Roof | DCT | Black 19" Wheels | Executive Package | Driver Assistance Plus Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Enhanced USB | Parking Assist | Harman Kardon
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 10:21 PM   #5
sherm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucksYellO View Post
My friend does photography and she took some great shots of my M3. She has some samples of her work on her web site.

Computer:
http://dashingtails.com/galleries/mo...s/motorsports/

Mobile:
http://www.dashingtailsphotography.c...ry=motorsports

This is a shot of my car...
I'm looking for a bit more professional with maybe a nicer camera or something because the shots of your car and others are quite blurry and ordinary it seems (no offense). Plus seeing as you live in Eugene that's a distance to travel for photos. Thanks though.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:37 AM   #6
andrewcgts
Enlisted Member
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT2RS, A90 Supra

another AY m owner here in PDX
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:29 AM   #7
Bonzer103
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcgts View Post
another AY m owner here in PDX
Sweet, I'll be looking out for you. Moon roof or CF? Wheels? Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #8
GoDucksYellO
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherm View Post
I'm looking for a bit more professional with maybe a nicer camera or something because the shots of your car and others are quite blurry and ordinary it seems (no offense). Plus seeing as you live in Eugene that's a distance to travel for photos. Thanks though.
No worries. Photography is an art and art taste are always subjective. I like the more abstract (blurry) photos and asked her to take those shots (no offense). She has done photo shoots all over the world and had her worked published in magazines, calendars, billboards (at trader shows) and even in one movie. You won't see any of those shots on a web site because photographers get their work stolen off the web too often.

Good luck in your search. Hope to see you guys around I'm in Portland on business often
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 05:33 PM   #9
andrewcgts
Enlisted Member
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Sweet, I'll be looking out for you. Moon roof or CF? Wheels? Cheers!
CF roof, ccb and I got M-Performance spoiler with CRT style stripe on it
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 06:25 PM   #10
Bonzer103
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcgts View Post
CF roof, ccb and I got M-Performance spoiler with CRT style stripe on it
Nice, I'll keep an eye out for you. Hoping to have mine in April. Did you get it at Portland BMW? I was in there Nov/Dec-erish and they had just received an ordered one in. Just missed it though. I ended up ordering through Salem.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 06:47 PM   #11
andrewcgts
Enlisted Member
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Nice, I'll keep an eye out for you. Hoping to have mine in April. Did you get it at Portland BMW? I was in there Nov/Dec-erish and they had just received an ordered one in. Just missed it though. I ended up ordering through Salem.
Yes, they made a mistake on that one.... I ordered it during May of 2014
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 10:15 PM   #12
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

2018 M240ix- Daily driver. Still Woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #13
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
There was a group of E9X owners that quite regularly attended the cars and coffee event in Tigard together. Still a few of us that have them. There is a facebook group, PNW M cars which may open you up to more owners as it isn't specific to the chassis as bimmerpost makes regional sections operate

In any event, an emerging photographer I enjoy attends C&C regularly, younger gentleman named Tyler. He posts up to Flickr here: Flickr, the single worst photo sharing website in existence. A few weeks back he hosted an evolution photoshoot in which we gathered alpine white M's (FXX, E92, E46, E36) and a red E30 M. Pictures are probably within that link.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 02:42 PM   #14
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Quote:
A link to the E9X PDX get-together discussion--be mindful that the posters own nice sounding engines :P
Appreciate 0