E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Exhaust fumes in cabin when idling/slow and in tunnels plus flat spots...

12-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
DanMZe90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D SE

Exhaust fumes in cabin when idling/slow and in tunnels plus flat spots...

OK, firstly this may be a dumb arse question but can't easily find the answer to it...my 2005 E90 330Dwith 140k on the clock, to see any fault codes I have to invest in a reader and there is no accessible hidden menu like I have had on previous cars?

With that out of the way, onto my main two queries:

1. Recently I've been getting exhaust fumes coming into the cabin, especially at idle or in slow traffic and quite notably in the long tunnel I pass through each day. I have seen the posts about exhaust/manifold etc leaks but wondering why I would get more of a whiff in the tunnel i.e maybe I'm getting others exhaust gasses wafting through. I have heard mention of a 'cabin filter' but don't know if I have one!

2. Not sure if related to the above as I have had this symptom longer. In most gears, I have a flat spot between 1800/2200 revs where the car feels like it's trying to slow down/work against itself until I accelerate past that point. I was hoping this might manifest itself in some sort of fault code.

I do have a good indy nearby but want to do my own investigative work first!

Thanks

Dan
Appreciate 0