E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Yet another headlight condensation

11-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #1
Shaun_1990
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320D sport plus touring

Yet another headlight condensation

Hey everyone hoping for some advice, had my e91 '11 for about 3.5 months now, headlights were fine when purchased them since cold weather has come it has started to get some condensation build up & to the point it now looks like near the indicator there are water particles (small) built up.

I have put numerous packs of silica gel into the caps in the back of headlamps, I have also made sure all the rubbers are tight & not hanging out.

Do they have any form of drain hole anywhere which should be free?
Is it easy to get the bumper off to put the headlight in somewhere warm to get rid? Or possibly if I left a back off would this help as it will allow it to breath & air almost? Or am I going to make the issue worse with that one.

Any help is great, seems like cold weather brings out the worst!! Maybe something which if left will clear up in summer?

Thanks for any help with this guys!!

Shaun
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Mine along the top where the lens connects had no seal. Either it perished, fell out, or was never there. We sealed it with silicon. No drain hole shold be in the housing. Get the water out and fixed. It blew my ballast module which retails for $500. If you still have warranty have the dealer fix/replace.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
Shaun_1990
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320D sport plus touring

Cheers for that, shall have a look at the top of the lens some point tomorrow to see what it looks like, I don't have xenons so it won't be doing that kind of damage, sad to say out of warranty.

Shaun
Appreciate 0