THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum My M235i on the Nurburgring

11-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
drand
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40

My M235i on the Nurburgring

I just realized that after the return to reality after coming back from my European Delivery trip that I had totally forgotten to post about it here.

This was our second ED, the first being a 135i shortly after they came out in '08. This time I was ready for a road trip so in total we ended up driving 2700 miles across 8 countries (Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Luxemburg, Belgium and the Netherlands) in a little over 3 weeks prior to dropping the car off in Amsterdam.Croatia is an awesome place to drive, brand new freeways, very little traffic and no police

The Nurburgring was heaven. The M235 got more attention than Ferraris (after the first dozen you see they are no longer unique), there were at least half a dozen 1Ms and the M235 was the only one we saw and from peoples expressions it was the first many had seen.

We only drove one lap. It was foggy in the morning and we took the lap at about 11:30. 3/4s in to the video you will see that we were stopped by a car that had rolled over (I edited out the 5 min wait to get by) and then a car fire waiting to get off the track. Between the two, it shutdown the track for a good 45 minutes and after that there was a lot of traffic.

We then did the BMW 'ring taxi which was a blast. There was pretty heavy traffic at that point and it was impressive to see how a professional could flick that big heavy car through traffic.

The track itself is incredible. I don't game at all and so outside of watching a few videos had no idea of the complexity of the track. Due to this, my lap was not by any means all out. The car was incredible, did everything that I asked of it and the two times I ended up being passed on corners (once by a Caterham and the second by a GT3) and ended up will really bad lines and too much speed the traction control saved my ass. Can't wait to go back and do it again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycdrjQp1-SQ
      11-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Very nice! I'd love to give it a try in mine.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Awesome pic. I wish someone had been taking photos on the karussel.

Looks quiet now compared to when I went, two weeks before you on a Tuesday.
Appreciate 0