E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help! Battery leak after battery change

10-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
bmwownage
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Help! Battery leak after battery change

It's. 2005, so about a year back the original battery went flat, and then it was replaced by some random battery which I did not pay attention to. But it worked, no problem, but it would lead to slow cranks after 1-2 weeks of non-use but that was normal.
So this time round, I guess no one touched the car for over 2 weeks and the battery went dead. Got some guy to jump start it and went for a Deka. No registration of new battery was done. Came home, parked, next morning the battery was dead again. Went for a battery change again and it's the same .
Then, took it into this auto shop, they ran a scan and replaced the ABS wire (wtf) and then discovered that the fuel measurement thing in the fuel tank went faulty (seriously??). And the car was returned to us saying they've tested it, that the car would go to sleep mode and it's all fine.
Obviously the next day the battery is flat again. Took it back and this time they say the car wouldn't go to sleep mode, something in the CAS is drawing power long after the car is off. They suggest and made me pay for a new CAS module. From my searches on google, replacing the CAS would not work. Why wouldn't they just try recoding or update the software?
Any help?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
wildcatcrazy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Sounds like a shorted wire somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
bmwownage
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatcrazy View Post
Sounds like a shorted wire somewhere.
Yea it could be just that right? I just don't feel replacing the CAS will do the trick. If the CAS was faulty, I would imagine it would pop a fault code...after all CAS is a computer right? If the hardware itself was faulty, I think it wouldn't just be battery drain, but I would have problems doing anything that has connection to the CAS...
Appreciate 0