E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: 2006 330i 6MT - ZSP/ZPP - Electric Red - LCI Front Conversion

Closed Thread

08-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #1
Jeff.W
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT ZSP

FS: 2006 330i 6MT - ZSP/ZPP - Electric Red - LCI Front Conversion

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
2006 BMW 330i
6 speed manual
ZSP+ZPP
Electric Red
138k Miles
Price: $12,500

Car was bought in October 2011 from Lou Fusz Kia in St. Louis. It was owned personally by the sales associate that sold it to me. I would consider this car to be somewhat of a hard find. They only produced the E90 330i for one year and few were equipped with manuals, even fewer sport package cars and even still fewer I-drive cars. Not rare by any means but uncommon enough for me to drive to St. Louis to look at it. It had 99k miles on it at the time of purchase and I've put a little over 12k miles a year on it since, mainly traveling too and from work on the highway. Car has been meticulously maintained and cared for both myself and the previous owner. I've owned and driven BMW's exclusively for the past 11 years and know very well how to properly preserve and maintain these cars to keep them problem free as well as running (and looking) beautifully. This car I believe reflects that care. Maybe obsessively so.

Car runs and drives beautifully, 3.0l N52 pulls hard (255hp/225tq), ride is firm but very smooth with no tracking, squeaks, creaks or any vibration. Transmission is fantastic, hard to put it to words, but shifts are light, solid and tight. Overall a very well thought out car and incredibly fun to drive. Very similar performance wise to my e36 M3, which brings me to my next point; Why I'm selling the car. I bought this car as daily driver to help keep the miles off my M3 and it's done exactly that. Would like to find something a bit different now. While I'm not really expecting to find the perfect trade, I will list what I would be interested in below. At the end of the day I'll more than likely look to sell outright.

So, details..

Options

- (ZSP) Sport Package: 6 speed manual, Sport Suspension, 18" Type 162 Wheels, Sport Seats, Sport Steering Wheel, Aluminum Interior Trim

- (ZPP) Premium Package: I-drive, Navigation, Xenon Headlamps with Adaptive Control, Logic Sound System, Satellite Radio, Voice Control, Parking Distance Control, Headlight Washers, Heated Power Seats with Memory

Condition

- Exterior 9/10
Gorgeous fresh paint on front bumper and hood. Rest of the car is fantastic as well. 1 or 2 minor scuffs in inconspicuous areas but no dings, dents or major scratches. Car is regularly hand washed and waxed and always sealed before winter. Always garaged. No rust, corrosion or paint fade.

- Interior 9/10
1 or 2 very minor spots of wear. Leather is in excellent condition, no rips or tears. Still soft and tight, no signs of drying or loosening around seat bottom or bolsters . I've always used BMW all weather floor and trunk mats so no stains or matted carpet.

Extras

- VMR V701's 19x9/9.5 with Sumitomo HTRZII 235/265 (factory 162's available).

- OEM Blackline Tailights (factory tails included).

- E90 M3 trunk lip spoiler (paint matched beautifully).

- OEM ZHP weighted shift knob.

- OEM BMW Performance Kidney grills.

I also have a set of H&R Sport Springs that have not been installed and are sitting new in the box.

Photos
(Car is on factory sport suspension)

LCI Front End Conversion

In early July a chunk of tire tread kicked up by a dump truck on the freeway grazed the front bumper and hood. The result was two baseball sized dents on the hood and several small paint scrapes on the front bumper cover. Seeing as it was covered under the truck drivers insurance, I chose to replace both the front bumper cover and hood with the newer face lifted or "LCI" factory equivalent parts, thus updating the front end to the newer 2009+ models. This was by no means a collision of any kind, simply cosmetic damage. Being so minimal I could have chosen to simply have the dents popped and bumper cover re-painted. But as it is a somewhat desirable upgrade I went ahead with the conversion. I mention this because I really don't want to give any impression that there was a serious front end collision and that newer mismatched parts were used in place. This was solely an aesthetic choice.

All parts used were brand new factory BMW parts and fit beautifully with no modification or fabrication needed. Very straightforward job and now a fairly common upgrade. While it was a very subtle change, I am very happy with the results as the older Pre-LCI front end is starting to look a bit dated. I can produce a before and after photo if interested.

Recent Maintenance

- Valve cover gasket - 2014

- Ignition coils - 2014

- Spark plugs - 2014

- Xenon balasts - 2014

- Xenon Bulbs - 2014

- Parking light bulbs (Angel Eyes) - 2014

- Waterpump - 2013

- Thermostat - 2013

- Hoses - 2013

- Belts - 2013

- Brake pads - 2013

- Battery - 2013

Car has been serviced exclusively by Smith Imports (owner is my father in law) and Sam Swope BMW
All paint and body work by Don Ott's Autobody

I'm sure I've left some things out, but a full catalogued collection of receipts regarding maintenance and service will be put together for the potential buyer before transfer. Maintenance has always been completed on or before the scheduled intervals.

Issues

- Passenger restraint error message recently appeared. This is a very common error message as the part was recalled. Simple trip to the dealership to have the sensor replaced, cost free under the recall. In no way effects the safety or functionality of the passenger restraint system or airbags. Just a brief error message on the menu screen at start up.

- The rear ashtray is currently removed and for the life of me cant figure out how to get the sucker back in. Pulled it out while detailing. No broken tabs or anything, just a pain to get back in. Maybe someone with smaller fingers can work some magic.

Possible trade considerations:
(Clean title and manual transmission is a must)
(Few if any modifications preferred)

- E46 M3 (under 120k)
- E46/E91/E61 Touring - (manual a must)
- WRX/Legacy GT 05' present (under 100k)
- Audi Wagons - B5 to present - (quattro/manual a must)
- 09'+ GTI/GLI (Low miles)
- 09'+ Civic Si (Coupe/Low miles)

I'm by no means in a rush to sell, so please keep the lowballing to a minimum. I'm also happy to answer any questions but would prefer to keep them amongst serious buyers. Willing to travel a reasonable distance for any serious buyer or trade prospect. Located in Louisville, KY and can be reached at J S W M 3 (at) Y a h o o - com

Thanks for looking.

2006 Electric Red 330i 6MT ZSP

Last edited by Jeff.W; 08-21-2014 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
Jeff.W
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT ZSP

Sold
2006 Electric Red 330i 6MT ZSP
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread