E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need refrigerant pressure sensor pins on JBE

08-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
cmd2000
Registered
Rep
Drives: e93

Need refrigerant pressure sensor pins on JBE

Hi all, as the title says I'm looking for the refrigerant sensor pins on JBE (it should be the same for E90 through E93, from 2008+).
The Bentley manual on the page ELE-250 (Heating and AC) shows the coolant pressure sensor, and there is no any mention of refrigerant pressure sensor - I'm not sure if that was just a typo in the book?

Oh, and the reason I'm looking for this is that engine wiring was cut all the way to the firewall, and in putting it back it seems some wires got crossed/missed. So, now IHKA does not have the input from the refrigerant pressure sensor.

Thank you for the help!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
cmd2000
Registered
Rep

The first sentence should state "refrigerant pressure sensor", but it would be obvious from the later text - anyway, sorry for confusion.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
deeLow
DOPE
Rep
Drives: F80

Pressure sensor should be on one of the ac lines, just scope it out.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #4
cmd2000
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeLow View Post
Pressure sensor should be on one of the ac lines, just scope it out.
Thank you for your suggestion deeLow - I apologize if I'm mistaken, but you seem to suggest that I should look at the AC line to find the sensor.
I actually have no problem finding the location of the refrigerant pressure sensor (as you said, it's on AC line right below the coolant expansion tank, hidden by the heat shield). What I'm looking for is the information on where those sensor wires end up in the vehicle (the other side from the pressure sensor), what connector and what pin numbers.

Thank you much!
Appreciate 0