E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 OVerheating Issue

08-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
pat1130
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i, 2014 550i

E90 OVerheating Issue

Hi everyone!

My 2008 328i is driving just fine in "D" mode.
As soon as I drive more aggressively with the steptronic it'll only last about half an hour until the overheating warning light comes on.

It is the exact same light as the overheating light except it is yellow (not red).
So it's warning me about the overheating, not overheating quite yet.

The light shows even when I put it back in "D" mode. So, I turn it off for an hour and all is good again... Until I use steptronic that is.

The history of the car.... It had a problem where the heater and ac wouldn't blow out cold or hot hair but just fan mode.... This happened out of nowhere. So I brought it to an independent, and they changed water pump and thermostat.
My car blew air out fine after that both were changed...

A month after my car was pre overheating with the yellow light flashing on as mentioned... I brought it into the dealer they first noticed I needed a brand new thermostat. So I changed the thermostat again after a short month of already changing it...

And I had to take the car back because I left the country for work before they could finish...

Do you guys have any experience in this or knowledge you could share?

I'd like to understand the situation myself before going back to the dealership or any shop.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Eddien123
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

Before my water pump went. It would sometimes show me a yellow light never red. Then one day it was red and game over for the pump.
Appreciate 0