E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Feeler.....BMW Style 189 wheel swap?

08-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #1
787dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi - 6MT

Feeler.....BMW Style 189 wheel swap?

Just putting a feeler out there.....I'm looking at buying a 2nd set of BMW Style 189's? Anyone interested in doing a trade to go from staggered to a squared setup? I'll trade the (qty 2) 8.5" rears for your (qty 2) 8" fronts. You can have the rear setup and I'll take the front or possibly the other way around?

Although I prefer the staggered look, I wouldn't mind the ability to rotate the tires with the X-drive.

If anyone also a squared setup they are trying to get rid just PM me. Doesn't have to be Style 189 as I'm open to some other wheels as well. Prefer Pre-LCI TPMS sensors installed, but I'll try to be flexible.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
rotarypower101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

You will have to get someone with a little more confidence in wheels and technical specific reasons why, but I dont believe you can do this...

The xdrive transfer case will be screwed up by changing the total diameter of the wheel and tire if I am not mistaken.
I think the actual diameter might be different front to back when the aspect ratio is taken into acount?

As well as I am going to guess the 8.5 would have a clearancing problem in the front?

Does anyone have details if this is possible to run a equal front to back setup to allow for front to back rotation?
Appreciate 0