F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Comfort Access - Driver Side door not working
Extreme Powerhouse

08-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
Ravina
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 f30 335i, 2007 e90 335i

Comfort Access - Driver Side door not working

Hi guys - I have to wait a few days before BMW will look at my car. The driver side door has stopped working with Comfort access, so I have to take my key out and press the key fob to open it or lock it. The comfort access does work with passenger door, trunk and starting stopping however.

Is there a quick fix I can do myself for this that you are aware of?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
richie_s
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i x drive M sport (F30)

Oh, gosh... You have to unlock your car with the key fob like mere mortals do with their accords! How brutal.. How are you coping with that??

Kidding

But really, if it's just that door that's not working, then there's probably a defect with the handle itself. You can't fix it in that case. Just wait for the dealer to replace it. Plus, it's under warranty and you don't wanna risk losing that perk by tampering with it yourself. Losing your warranty is probably the most frustrating thing ever IMO
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
Ravina
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Ha Ha funny. I didn't realize at first how convenient comfort access could be and yes if I will admit, I really miss my handle not working. I paid for it so of course I'm going to want it fixed. I've have been waiting for a couple weeks now, it is coming from Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s View Post
Oh, gosh... You have to unlock your car with the key fob like mere mortals do with their accords! How brutal.. How are you coping with that??

Kidding

But really, if it's just that door that's not working, then there's probably a defect with the handle itself. You can't fix it in that case. Just wait for the dealer to replace it. Plus, it's under warranty and you don't wanna risk losing that perk by tampering with it yourself. Losing your warranty is probably the most frustrating thing ever IMO
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
gomichaelkgo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

New handle fixed it for me. Sucks that they have to take the door apart to do it. Those plastic panel clips and butyl/plastic film moisture barriers are never the same after the door panel is removed, even once. You may only find out that the door has become a soggy corroded mess years later when your window motor quits.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #5
Ravina
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

that's interesting to know. I just had my handle replaced the other day which arrived from germany. I didn't know they took the door apart. I also had a cooling fan replaced since the turbos had cut out on me once. The 2 fixes took all day since programming involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomichaelkgo View Post
New handle fixed it for me. Sucks that they have to take the door apart to do it. Those plastic panel clips and butyl/plastic film moisture barriers are never the same after the door panel is removed, even once. You may only find out that the door has become a soggy corroded mess years later when your window motor quits.
Appreciate 0