E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2008 E92 MONTEGO BLUE 335i 6SPD MANUAL

07-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
jreich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: montego blue 335 coupe MT

2008 E92 MONTEGO BLUE 335i 6SPD MANUAL

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Looking for $18.5k. 38k miles! I am the second owner of this custom ordered 2008 BMW 335i from Germany. I am selling this beauty because I never drive it and it needs to go to a good home. The car has been chipped using COBB tuning, 3in catless downpipes, k&n drop-in filter, BMS oil catch can, helix stepped intercooler, UUC DSSR shift linkage to remove shift slop, removed clutch delay valve to improve shifting, M3 OEM control arms and tension struts, BMS emissions ready fix, recent (within 500 miles) OEM oil and filter change, 4 wheel alignment. I modded the car two years ago when the warranty expired. I did all the work myself. Car is in like new condition with nothing wrong with it whatsoever. I have a clean Texas Title in hand. Tires have about 50% tread left and are the OEM type runflats (had them replaced about 2yrs ago). Also garage kept and just waxed the paint.

Features:
Sports package, Sirius satellite, BMW Assist, bluetooth for the phone, logic7 sound system, homelink autodimming mirror(added because I couldn't stand the manual darkening mirror), M3 shift know, leather dual sliding arm rest, and everything else that came standard for the year. The car has the fake leather seats which I love. The BMW 3 series came with horrible leather so I wanted the fake leather seats. I have seen both and encourage you do to the same if you question not having leather.

Performance:
Stepped Helix intercooler- cost me $850 dollars http://store.helix13.com/helix-stepp...ooler-for-bmw/ A bigger intercooler is really needed for these cars because of the massive heat soak in the summer robs the performance.

COBB Tuning Stage 2 tune costs me about $900. http://www.cobbtuning.com/BMW-N54-Ac...ap-bmw-001.htm Very nice tune that makes the engine come alive. I am very happy with it.

BMS Catch can- cost me $180 http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_335_oil_catch_can.html This prevents oil from gumming up the intercooler and going into your intake valves.

UCC DSSR - cost me $150. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-23...GcUaAnj18P8HAQ This helps with the slop in the shifter

M3 control arms and tension struts - cost me $450 https://www.getbmwparts.com/partloca...catalogid=4462 Makes the car feel like it is on rails!!!

I have all maintenance records and receipts for all of the BMW OEM oil that I purchased. I changed the plugs right before I tuned it about 5k ago. The car had a recall for the fuel injectors and fuel pump which was replaced under warranty. The car has a newer OEM clutch that was installed under warranty because it was deemed "defective".

[IMG]

Last edited by jreich; 08-09-2014 at 12:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
jreich
Private First Class
Rep

The car is located in Georgetown,TX which is a suburb on Austin. All of the original parts come with the car such as intercooler,downpipes, control arms,etc. I am including the COBB tuner as well as the BAVTech code scanner.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
jazredgt
Estoril Tings
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
how many miles
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
jreich
Private First Class
Rep

I have 38k miles on the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
jreich
Private First Class
Rep

Lowering to 18.5k. Clean title, no check engine codes Nothing is wrong with the car, just need a down payment on a house.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #6
SeriousE92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreich View Post
Lowering to 18.5k. Clean title, no check engine codes Nothing is wrong with the car, just need a down payment on a house.
You are letting this car go for way too cheap. If as good as advertised you'll regret it down the road. KBB Private Party book on this car is $21-22K range. You are down in the trade-in range.

Also, if you have the time and resources I would highly recommend parting out to recover some of your investment.

Last edited by SeriousE92; 07-29-2014 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #7
tshoww
oG
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousE92
Quote:
You are letting this car go for way too cheap. If as good as advertised you'll regret it down the road. KBB Private Party book on this car is $21-22K range. You are down in the wholesale range.

Also, if you have the time and resources I would highly recommend parting out to recover some of your investment.

| It's not about the miles per gallon, it's about the smiles per gallon |
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #8
jreich
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousE92 View Post
You are letting this car go for way too cheap. If as good as advertised you'll regret it down the road. KBB Private Party book on this car is $21-22K range. You are down in the wholesale range.

These cars are not investments nor are the aftermarket parts you put on them. I need the money for a down payment on a house which IS an investment property. I can't regret something like this because I never drive the car. It was fun for about 6 months, then I realized my beater 1995 Taurus SHO had everything I cared about in a car....until someone rear-ended me and totaled it a month ago. I really got tired of worrying about someone dinging the car and parking far away from everything...not to mention worrying about parking too close to the parking space curbs so i didnt scuff the front bottom bumper. I also notice a difference how other drivers react to someone with 'money' driving a 335i vs when I drove my Taurus. I would almost compare it to driving my dad's big F350 and cars just 'watch out' for you on the road.

If everyone could get KBB value for their cars it would be awesome, unfortunately the more expensive the car, the harder it is to sell. I havent taken my car to CARMAX, but I imagine I could only get about 15k. Spending two days in the hot Texas 100 degree weather to take off an intercooler and downpipes is not worth my time for an extra 5-600 dollars I could list the parts for. Now, unmatting the COBB and selling the BAVTech tool can easily be done, but I would like to sell the car with all of the modifications because it really is a complete package for a mild/moderate driving experience. Hell, I could take out the Sirius and TCU modules and put them back to stock and get a few hundred for those parts. My car did not have the TCU and Sirius stock btw. I was one of the first people to do this conversion back in the day. Fun times working with fiber optics.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #9
SeriousE92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
These cars are not investments nor are the aftermarket parts you put on them. I need the money for a down payment on a house which IS an investment property. I can't regret something like this because I never drive the car. It was fun for about 6 months, then I realized my beater 1995 Taurus SHO had everything I cared about in a car....until someone rear-ended me and totaled it a month ago. I really got tired of worrying about someone dinging the car and parking far away from everything...not to mention worrying about parking too close to the parking space curbs so i didnt scuff the front bottom bumper. I also notice a difference how other drivers react to someone with 'money' driving a 335i vs when I drove my Taurus. I would almost compare it to driving my dad's big F350 and cars just 'watch out' for you on the road.

If everyone could get KBB value for their cars it would be awesome, unfortunately the more expensive the car, the harder it is to sell. I havent taken my car to CARMAX, but I imagine I could only get about 15k. Spending two days in the hot Texas 100 degree weather to take off an intercooler and downpipes is not worth my time for an extra 5-600 dollars I could list the parts for. Now, unmatting the COBB and selling the BAVTech tool can easily be done, but I would like to sell the car with all of the modifications because it really is a complete package for a mild/moderate driving experience. Hell, I could take out the Sirius and TCU modules and put them back to stock and get a few hundred for those parts. My car did not have the TCU and Sirius stock btw. I was one of the first people to do this conversion back in the day. Fun times working with fiber optics.
Interesting perspective. Some of what you say is accurate, such as CarMax putting a low number (in the teens) on a car like this as well as cars are not investments. I'm in the real estate investment industry so I don't need a lecture about that topic. I've also been a car enthusiast for close to two decades, have some excellent contacts and know what cars can and should go for. Yours has a great stat sheet, some nice parts, and appears to be clean. I'm always willing to put in the work to maximize potential, in this case it's the net amount received for what you have so parting out would be worth it. Definitely not two days of work there.

KBB is a tool used to price and negotiate off of, not an exact science. Having said that, you are down in the trade range, not private party as you should be.

For business advice, the best investors/business men & women don't let emotion dictate their decisions. Based on the comments in this thread by you, it appears emotion and anxiety are driving your pricing and tone as a seller. I'd recommend you save the time and just go to CarMax.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #10
jreich
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousE92 View Post
Interesting perspective. Some of what you say is accurate, such as CarMax putting a low number (in the teens) on a car like this as well as cars are not investments. I'm in the real estate investment industry so I don't need a lecture about that topic. I've also been a car enthusiast for close to two decades, have some excellent contacts and know what cars can and should go for. Yours has a great stat sheet, some nice parts, and appears to be clean. I'm always willing to put in the work to maximize potential, in this case it's the net amount received for what you have so parting out would be worth it. Definitely not two days of work there.

KBB is a tool used to price and negotiate off of, not an exact science. Having said that, you are down in the trade range, not private party as you should be.

For business advice, the best investors/business men & women don't let emotion dictate their decisions. Based on the comments in this thread by you, it appears emotion and anxiety are driving your pricing and tone as a seller. I'd recommend you save the time and just go to CarMax.
Everyone with a nice car has some anxiety when it comes with parking it unless they don't care about their car. If you are into real estate (I am not), you will see that CMA's give you a ball park for properties listed on MLS and give you a feel on what you should pay for a property based on condition, age, location,amenities, ease to rent, etc. Unfortunately, there are not many tools when it comes to cars to see what they have sold for in certain areas, but craigslist, autotrader, cars.com, and eBay give ballpark estimates for private party sales. I can tell you based on listings I've seen, my car is competitively priced. If you disagree, I guess that can't be a bad thing for me For example, check this listing for 335i's from 2007-2010 that is within 500 miles of my zipcode. Convertibles and dealers that finance, go for higher than private party, which is expected. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks-...nkw=BMW%20335i

I believe eBay would be marketed a little lower than private party, but it is a good starting point.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 07:29 AM   #11
jreich
Private First Class
Rep

-bump. Car is still for sale.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 04:55 PM   #12
jazredgt
Estoril Tings
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Sounds like someone's worried about you affecting their (investment) resale value. LoL PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #13
trikat
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru (currently)

Saw this thread when it was posted and am quite surprised it is still being bumped.
If this was a LCI I would've bought it!
GL w/ sale.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 10:17 PM   #14
jreich
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazredgt View Post
Sounds like someone's worried about you affecting their (investment) resale value. LoL PM sent.
Haha, I don't judge This forum (and the people on here) have helped me a lot that is why I wanted to post here. I have it listed cheaper here than craigslist. It really has been a blast to drive with the light tune + supporting mods. These cars should have came that way from the factory. Unfortunately when I do the math, it doesn't make since to keep the car in my situation.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #15
jreich
Private First Class
Rep

*bump* Car is still for sale.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #16
jaCARR
Registered
Rep
Drives: 99 Ford Ranger

Helluvva deal!!! Free bump!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #17
ucmike
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikat View Post
Saw this thread when it was posted and am quite surprised it is still being bumped.
If this was a LCI I would've bought it!
GL w/ sale.
I think that most people might be turned off by the low price - if it sounds like too good of a deal....some may start to wonder why.

But, of course, not saying that there is anything wrong with this car.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #18
jreich
Private First Class
Rep

Car is sold. Thanks for the interest! These forums have been very helpful.
Appreciate 0