F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Spilled Milk
Studio RSR

07-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
Fanitron
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xDrive Sport Line

Garage List
Spilled Milk

Hey guys, so last night as I was dropping off the lady-friend some dude cut out from a parking spot as I was pulling into the condo complex. I had to apply some break pressure and her bubble tea slipped out of her hand and fell on the floor. My first reaction was to backhand her in the face for not putting it in the cup-holder (like I had asked when we got into the car), but thought better of it.

Anyway, I think I was able to get rid of all the condensed milk from the carpeted areas but noticed that some had spilled onto the grill of the underseat subwoofer. Is this grill weatherproof? I'm worried some the milk has gone into the speaker and will start smelling like ass soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
Tony_YYZ
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: It has 4 wheels

The speaker grill is definitely not weather proof. There are holes for the sound to travel through. I'd look for a How-To on removing the sub and clean it up. If there's enough, it can turn moldy after a while.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
Fanitron
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_YYZ View Post
The speaker grill is definitely not weather proof. There are holes for the sound to travel through. I'd look for a How-To on removing the sub and clean it up. If there's enough, it can turn moldy after a while.
Yup, that's what I thought. bahhh... women. Can't live with em, can't live without em.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanitron View Post
Yup, that's what I thought. bahhh... women. Can't live with em, can't live without em.
My friends and I usually go with, "Can't live with them. Period." Lol.

Anyways, I know you are resisting to cry of spilt milk, as anyone really would. I would suggest taking it to BMW to help out. Usually, they will be pretty forgiving about these little accidents.

A fellow 328i owner spilled some kool-aid on his iDrive buttons and it got all sticky. BMW took it apart and cleaned it out for them, since they weren't too busy anyways, under no charge. Never hurts to ask. Plus, you don't wanna take apart your seat or woofer or whatever if you don't have too.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #5
munch520
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 328i M Sport

Dang OP sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'm sticking firm to my 'water only' policy.
      07-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
Fanitron
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, I am going to visit my dealership this week to see if they can take a look at it for me. I got into the car this morning and took some deep breaths, but couldn't smell anything funky. Hopefully it means I've at least cleaned the carpeted areas thoroughly enough.

It would've been fine if the cup wasn't in her hand... between her purse, keys and cellphone. Anyway, lesson learned and I know she felt really bad about the whole thing so I wasn't going to wring her out for it.

Thanks for the input though... feels better to know I'm not just being OCD/Anal about my car. lol
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Quote:
Hey guys, so last night as I was dropping off the lady-friend some dude cut out from a parking spot as I was pulling into the condo complex. I had to apply some break pressure and her bubble tea slipped out of her hand and fell on the floor. My first reaction was to backhand her in the face for not putting it in the cup-holder (like I had asked when we got into the car), but thought better of it.

Anyway, I think I was able to get rid of all the condensed milk from the carpeted areas but noticed that some had spilled onto the grill of the underseat subwoofer. Is this grill weatherproof? I'm worried some the milk has gone into the speaker and will start smelling like ass soon.
Sorry to hear about this.

This is why I have a strict: "NO Eating or Drinking in my CAR" (Except by me of course) Policy.

This Policy usually becomes a little less strict as the years roll on.

My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #8
Fanitron
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I actually had that exact thought when we got in the car because I usually don't allow anything except water for passengers. The thing is, we had gone for a walk and the bubble tea shop was less than a minute drive from her place so I thought I'd be a gentleman and drive her to the door instead of sending her home on her own... like I said, lesson learned!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #9
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:
Yeah, I am going to visit my dealership this week to see if they can take a look at it for me. I got into the car this morning and took some deep breaths, but couldn't smell anything funky. Hopefully it means I've at least cleaned the carpeted areas thoroughly enough.

It would've been fine if the cup wasn't in her hand... between her purse, keys and cellphone. Anyway, lesson learned and I know she felt really bad about the whole thing so I wasn't going to wring her out for it.

Thanks for the input though... feels better to know I'm not just being OCD/Anal about my car. lol
Good luck!

I've had someone drop a togo box while holding it in his hands in my e46 and Korean BBQ spilled all over. The guy that dropped it was this extremely buff and ripped, intimidating-looking guy that everyone called 'Thor' (no joke). He has broken so many things accidentally from being very, if not, too strong.

I have never seen this guy look more cowardly than that very moment he spilled it in my BMW. He thought I was going to rip him a new one and felt so afraid and awful. I actually wasn't that upset, but he insisted on buying a new carpet. So yeah, I've been there.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #10
chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Oh man, definitely a time to cry over spilled milk.

I've always been fine with food and drink in the car and never had any issues. Milk though.... that's a whole different story. That stuff can stink forever, unlike a soda.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #11
NOBLE MOTORCARS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i (ON A BOAT)

Garage List
Quote:

did she at least give you a sucky sucky 5 dolla luv you long time
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #12
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

I had issues with girls spilling bubble tea drinks in my cars, too. Then I started dating girls older than 13 years old. Problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #13
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:

If she feels bad, you might want to MILK the situation for what it's worth
      07-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #14
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
I had issues with girls spilling bubble tea drinks in my cars, too. Then I started dating girls older than 13 years old. Problem solved.
That must have solved a lot of your problems when you started dating >13 year olds.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
Fanitron
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Asian girls drink that shit til they're in the grave dude!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #16
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW F30

I have a strict "No eating anything that can create crumbs" rule in my car and in my bed. An extension to that rule is also, no bringing in any smell that will dilute what's left of the new car smell.

The GF spilled strawberry lemonade the other night but I wasn't as mad because she was more upset that she spilled in my car than I was. And most of it spilled on her with a couple drops on the center console.

It'll be a different story, though, if I find sticky spots in my car down the road.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #17
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Asian girls drink that shit til they're in the grave dude!

I had to look up what Bubble Tea was, we don't have it here.
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #18
NOBLE MOTORCARS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i (ON A BOAT)

Garage List
welcome to the far east
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #19
WHL102
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 GTI S, DSG, 4-Door

No food or drinks in the car here either.

We are not strange... right?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #20
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtn View Post
An extension to that rule is also, no bringing in any smell that will dilute what's left of the new car smell.
You'll need this then.
Attached Images

07-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #21
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHL102 View Post
No food or drinks in the car here either.

We are not strange... right?
Nope not strange at all.

Because we know of all the hours of care put into our vehicles/investments.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #22
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Some of your guys need to realize you're driving 3-Series BMWs...
Appreciate 0