E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Momentary Transmission Error/CEL

07-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
Lionhart
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive M-sport Coupe

Momentary Transmission Error/CEL

Hi guys,

Last Friday I was driving down to New Jersey for the the holiday weekend through some torrential rains. As I was exiting the highway, I lost power when I put my foot down and the transmission light lit up on the dash along with the 'Service Engine Soon' error. I immediately let off and coasted until I was somewhere I could safely stop.

To my astonishment, in the 20 seconds that took, the error messages cleared and all lights were off. I haven't had a problem since. My theory is that a sensor got wet and momentarily threw some codes. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Does my theory sound plausible?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #2
fulltilt444
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335xi

I used to have a 2003 330xi and one time the tranny went into limp mode....I drove it home slowly and after a few restarts, codes cleared and it never happened again. My thought was that some solenoid got stuck or something, then unstuck. But I have really no idea, just was happy it went away. Good lck.
Appreciate 0