F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Firecracker sounds in rear for 4th of July?
proTUNING Freaks

07-04-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
amoeba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330i zhp, F30 335-MSport

Firecracker sounds in rear for 4th of July?

I guess my car wants to celebrate. It's only got 3k miles on the odometer!

Towards the rear passenger side I'm hearing rattling/cracking sounds when going over small bumps. It comes and goes but when it comes, it's very frequent and loud. I looked everywhere and everything's tight, everything's out of the trunk.

The side skirt may be a tad loose and squeaky but I can't imagine it making that much noise. Before I take it in to the dealer, any thoughts on what I should take closer look at?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #2
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoeba View Post

Towards the rear passenger side I'm hearing rattling/cracking sounds when going over small bumps. It comes and goes but when it comes, it's very frequent and loud. I looked everywhere and everything's tight, everything's out of the trunk.

The side skirt may be a tad loose and squeaky but I can't imagine it making that much noise. Before I take it in to the dealer, any thoughts on what I should take closer look at?
Re-latch the back seats (fold down and fold up). Check under the trunk mat cover. Make sure the back seats bottom part is fully snapped in. Otherwise, take it to the dealer.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Coupe xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoeba View Post

Re-latch the back seats (fold down and fold up). Check under the trunk mat cover. Make sure the back seats bottom part is fully snapped in. Otherwise, take it to the dealer.
It's not that.

You have the famous "Rubber Door Seal Creaking Noise". I don't know how to link you to my post but search it up and you can find some solutions.

This is an extremely common problem and is something that plagues all F30 and even the E90's and older due to the door seal material.

dL
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #4
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dL. View Post
It's not that.

You have the famous "Rubber Door Seal Creaking Noise". I don't know how to link you to my post but search it up and you can find some solutions.

This is an extremely common problem and is something that plagues all F30 and even the E90's and older due to the door seal material.

dL
Yep. Just got mine fixed. Hope it doesn't come back. Take it to the dealer and have a test drive with a tech. And mention him about door seal. He or the SA will know what you are talking about. If they seem like they don't know and don't care what you say to them(they want to find the problem on their own and do not believe you), take your car to other dealer and don't waste your time.
Comes from my own experience.
Appreciate 0