F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 24 hours with my new 428I x.................
ARMA SPEED

07-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
donsbabybeamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1

24 hours with my new 428I x.................

Coming from a 2014 X1 with the same engine & 8 speed transmission.......

* Acceleration superior, I have been driving in comfort and it give more than enough power with ever having a feeling of lag

*Auto Start Stop, smooth as silk and works the way this function should have in the X1, for the first 1/2 day it was so smooth I thought it wasn't working until I turned off the music and listened for the engine to stop & start again (for real )

*H K radio upgrade, had it in the X1, have it in my 4. Again much better in the 4. I can only guess that this is so because the entire build of the 4 is superior, meaning everything seems to be more solid and insulated so I believe it improves the acoustics

*Premium materials and finish from the dash to the doors, etc., etc.

*Every control items is quality compared to the X1, the knobs turn with a buttery smoothness while extremely precise, etc., etc.

*Windows open and close quicker, A/C is much more powerful and cools much quicker even in the mid 90's we have in the last few days

*The X1 was the last BMW to have the hydraulic steering which was a cause of concern for anyone getting a new BMW. I read that they did something to enhance the power steering on the 4, I think it may have been expressed as "re-worked the power assist sensitivity" or somthing like that. WOW, what ever they did, it is perfect, light and agile when it should be, tight and predictive when it should be

*I fell as if I'm driving a 100K automobile, that actually list for 42K

Ok so the best way to sum it up is to use BMW's own mission statement with my own preamble - I know understand what is meant by the "Ultimate Driving Machine"
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
Daas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A British car

Glad you're enjoying driving the car. That is what it's all about. Keep driving...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 06:39 AM   #3
w1k1nG
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F36 420d GC MG+CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsbabybeamer View Post
Coming from a 2014 X1 with the same engine & 8 speed transmission.......

* Acceleration superior, I have been driving in comfort and it give more than enough power with ever having a feeling of lag

*Auto Start Stop, smooth as silk and works the way this function should have in the X1, for the first 1/2 day it was so smooth I thought it wasn't working until I turned off the music and listened for the engine to stop & start again (for real )

*H K radio upgrade, had it in the X1, have it in my 4. Again much better in the 4. I can only guess that this is so because the entire build of the 4 is superior, meaning everything seems to be more solid and insulated so I believe it improves the acoustics

*Premium materials and finish from the dash to the doors, etc., etc.

*Every control items is quality compared to the X1, the knobs turn with a buttery smoothness while extremely precise, etc., etc.

*Windows open and close quicker, A/C is much more powerful and cools much quicker even in the mid 90's we have in the last few days

*The X1 was the last BMW to have the hydraulic steering which was a cause of concern for anyone getting a new BMW. I read that they did something to enhance the power steering on the 4, I think it may have been expressed as "re-worked the power assist sensitivity" or somthing like that. WOW, what ever they did, it is perfect, light and agile when it should be, tight and predictive when it should be

*I fell as if I'm driving a 100K automobile, that actually list for 42K

Ok so the best way to sum it up is to use BMW's own mission statement with my own preamble - I know understand what is meant by the "Ultimate Driving Machine"
it's obviously a 100K automobile in countries like us, so how should we feel
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Glad you are enjoying the new ride

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #5