F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Want to purchase a 328i for my wife. (Dealer Problem)
ARMA SPEED
Closed Thread

07-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
GentlemanDriver
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i F30 M-Sport

Want to purchase a 328i for my wife. (Dealer Problem)

I felt very uncomfortable at the dealer earlier today. I am not a racist by any means so I wont mention what race or skin color they were.

This person spoke very badly. For example these are a few phrases he said:

"We was just cleaning these cars right heaa (here)"

"Youz is just tryna make him get you dat (that) MSport huuh?"

So many others...one time I think I heard "If youz is seriously interestit (interested) we can get you dose (those) parts"

I never felt this kind of stress at a dealer. I felt very uncomfortable. I had to leave even though I really wanted to buy her the car today. She also felt terrible.

We are scared to go in there and have him come flocking too us. Do I buy it at a different dealer? I feel bad saying I don't want him to sell me the car. It was just such a bad experience.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Ultimately go with what you are comfortable with. I really don't care if my sales person speaks "street", as long as the results I'm looking for are delivered and there aren't communication issues.

Outside of a house, a car is likely to be the second most expensive thing you are buying in a single purchase. You need to make sure you are comfortable and if that means a different sales person or dealer, then that's what it is.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
BMRGUY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I have NEVER experienced this at a BMW dealer or any luxury brand... Other brands like Nissan or Toyota, difference story. Ignoramus are abundant.

Depending where you live going to another dealer can be easy or difficult but its worth the time.

If there are no other dealers in the areas use the internet or phone.

I have purchased BMWs over the phone honestly without ever going to the dealer until I picked it up - I met the sales guy at that time. I have also purchased cars from dealers outside my state and through the out of state dealer arranged to ship the car to my home state to a local dealer for prep and pickup.

You have a few options if you cant change dealerships...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328ix

If the person is unintelligible that might be one thing - personally I don't get why it matters otherwise, in fact I'd probably use it to my advantage to get a better deal. If you can't get past it and can't easily change dealers then discreetly find out what days that CA has off and come in then.

2014 328ix EBII - Sport AT, Light Pkg, Blk Dakota, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated Seats, HK Audio, Driver Assist, Sport Pedals, Dinan Springs, Bilstein B8s, M-Performance BBK
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #5
GentlemanDriver
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickAv8r View Post
If the person is unintelligible that might be one thing - personally I don't get why it matters otherwise, in fact I'd probably use it to my advantage to get a better deal. If you can't get past it and can't easily change dealers then discreetly find out what days that CA has off and come in then.
Good idea. I may call and ask them what days Tyrone does not work.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanDriver View Post
I felt very uncomfortable at the dealer earlier today. I am not a racist by any means so I wont mention what race or skin color they were.

So many others...one time I think I heard "If youz is seriously interestit (interested) we can get you dose (those) parts"

I never felt this kind of stress at a dealer. I felt very uncomfortable. I had to leave even though I really wanted to buy her the car today. She also felt terrible.

We are scared to go in there and have him come flocking too us. Do I buy it at a different dealer? I feel bad saying I don't want him to sell me the car. It was just such a bad experience.
If this is in the US, the word "youz" is a local colloquialism in some parts of the NE. I first encountered it going to school in the Pittsburgh area. It's about as acceptable as "y'all" in the South. I think "yenz" is another similar term, possibly the plural of "youz".

In any case, people talk the way they talk. If the CA was otherwise knowledgeable and helpful why would you walk away and up wasting your own time?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #7
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanDriver

Lol!!! First world problems
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
WHL102
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 GTI S, DSG, 4-Door

Lol, OP.

"I never felt this kind of stress..." "I felt very uncomfortable."
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #9
adhrp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i (G30)/2021 X3 (G02)

This thread makes no sense. Why are you asking us? If you feel uncomfortable go buy it elsewhere. What advice do you expect to get exactly?

Sold/Retired: 2012 328i (F30)
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #10
NOBLE MOTORCARS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i (ON A BOAT)

Garage List
tell Lamar and Shaniqua to give you a good deal
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #11
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

I don't see the point of this thread.. You were free to ask for a different salesman right away, or go to a different dealer, or walk out and walk back in 20min later.... And then when you voluntarily throw in the "I'm not a racist"... I'm not saying you are but boy that's suspect
      07-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #12
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i xDrive

Don't matter what language or slang he speaks, as long as you have the configuration sheet list in front of you and you get a good deal. Once you finish the deal you'll never have to speak to him again.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #13
Mr. Big
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 M4, '17 Porsche 911

Is the dealer in the UAE? I worked in the Middle East and I came across many people whose english was their second language. I knew one local who spoke with a prefect Texas accent because he worked with a bunch of rednecks. No problems here dealing with him.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #14
GentlemanDriver
Banned
Rep

I just moved to the states and the dealership is in Texas. He was a black guy that probably got the job because he knew someone.

I never used the word (Ghetto) in my life but that is exactly what he is. I am still mad...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #15
GentlemanDriver
Banned
Rep

I am a fan of mayweather so no I am not racist. I am racist against (Ghetto).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #16
GentlemanDriver
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lPandaBearl View Post
tell Lamar and Shaniqua to give you a good deal
or Sharkeesha!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #17
Mr. Big
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 M4, '17 Porsche 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
And then when you voluntarily throw in the "I'm not a racist"... I'm not saying you are but boy that's suspect
Definitely a racist.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 12:32 AM   #18
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:

"Youz is just trine make him get you dat (that) MSport huuh?"

Quote:
I just moved to the states and the dealership is in Texas. He was a black guy that probably got the job because he knew someone.

I never used the word (Ghetto) in my life but that is exactly what he is. I am still mad...
Wow. I can't believe the kind of crap that gets posted sometimes...
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 12:44 AM   #19
timboslice
Thailand
Rep
Drives: '14 320i

If youz is intimidated by black folk perhaps moving to the US wasn't such a great idea.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 01:10 AM   #20
stormlv
Human
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice View Post
If youz is intimidated by black folk perhaps moving to the US wasn't such a great idea.

Useless thread indeed
2010 BMW Z4 sDrive35i DKG | 306 HP / 400Nm | Space Gray | Photo album
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 01:44 AM   #21
suparockin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi Q3

Racist combined with a grammar nazi, most impressive.

I bet you're the toast of many parties.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 02:41 AM   #22
Sim simma f80
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

Sad to say this, but you are a rascist sir!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread