THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning M235i with Armytrix exhaust

06-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
Skeiz
Belgium
Rep
Drives: :(

M235i with Armytrix exhaust

I don't think this has already been posted, so thought I'd share. Sounds nice, but no interior footage.

Update:

They also just posted a vid with one for the F30:

Last edited by Skeiz; 07-08-2014 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Roshi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 - MW, 6MT.

Sounds awesome!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i,13MustangGT,84C10,99A8

sounds great! what's the setup? full exhaust, axle back? etc...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Holy $h1t that sounds awesome! Better than Remus

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 03:16 AM   #5
Skeiz
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK235iNJ View Post
sounds great! what's the setup? full exhaust, axle back? etc...
I'm not sure about this, because this system isn't listed on their website, but by looking at the details of their other exhaust systems it's probably like this:

Kit contents: High Performance cat-bypass pipe, Front pipe, Mid pipe, Valvetronic mufflers, Tail pipe, Remote control module
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #6
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

This sounds awesome!
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #7
bman6074
Major
Rep
Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S

How much for M235i?
      06-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #8
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

From the pictures advertising the exhaust, it is a double midpipe design with a actuator value on one of the pipes that can be controlled remotely.

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:07 PM   #9
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

How would this set up affect warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
From the pictures advertising the exhaust, it is a double midpipe design with a actuator value on one of the pipes that can be controlled remotely.

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #10
jmkr
Boost Patrol
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Sounds expensive....?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #11
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep

From Armytrix (not sure if their down pipe is required to match to the front pipe or not):

We will have it in stock on the 7/25, we’re now taking pre-orders,
High-flow decatted down pipe is USD $590.
Front pipe + Mid pipe + Valvetronic muffler + Wireless remote control kits + Dual Chrome silver tips is USD $2,780,

We accept Paypal and bank wire transfer, if you would like to pre-order one, we will draw up an invoice for you,

Let us know if you have any more questions,

Best regards,

Brian | ARMYTRIX CORP.

Official website: http://www.armytrix.com
Official Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/armytrix
Officia YB channel: http://www.youtube.com/armytrix
Wechat: armytrix-brian
QQ: 2314076570
Line: 0306brian
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:21 AM   #12
Skeiz
Belgium
Rep

New footage of this car:

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #13
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
You gotta be crazy to get the BMW Performance exhaust when this one sounds 10 times better. Nicely done! Nicely done!

We should set up a group buy maybe?

1. Bennu

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #14
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennu View Post
You gotta be crazy to get the BMW Performance exhaust when this one sounds 10 times better. Nicely done! Nicely done!

We should set up a group buy maybe?

1. Bennu
I don't think its an apples to apples comparison to the m-performance this i believe is full exhaust from the DP all the way back the setup is much more expensive but i do agree it sounds amazing.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 01:44 PM   #15
cbbplanet
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: space shuttle

Going back to Taiwan in Oct and maybe bring back one of these with me on the plane back haha
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #16
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK235iNJ View Post
How would this set up affect warranty?
its always better the assume that it'll void you're warrantee, and 90% of the times it will (unless you're dealers cool with it).

same rules apply for every countless threads someone mentions about warrantee. just remove it before you take it in for maintenance. if you don't want to go through the hassle, its best not to mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #17
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
It's not easy to just remove a performance exhaust and replace it with the factory one then replace it back to the performance exhaust every time you have to do an oil change or some kind of service. Nor is it practical. I really want this exhaust and was seriously considering it, but if it voids warranty it's prob not going to happen for me. You can hide a piggy back by removing it but an exhaust is different.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #18
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep

As it has been said thousands and thousands of times, your warranty is to cover your vehicle against defects by the manufacturer. Having a full aftermarket exhaust on your car still under warranty coverage does not void your warranty! If you experience trouble with your car that could be related to the aftermarket part then the repairs could be at your own expense per the dealers review of the problem. In this example an aftermarket exhaust could cause issues with the computer exhaust sensors, create bad engine performance, or even lead to failure of a connected part, such as your turbo. If such a condition happens you still have coverage on all other items covered in your warranty that are not related to the aftermarket part.

So, you can make the changes to your car if you really want it, but you may be ended up be responsible for repairs if that part leads to a failure of a connected system. If you feel your part could be found to cause fault then remove it before allowing any dealer to service your car, and if that is too much trouble you have a choice to make. Make the change and live with the possible issues it may cause, or just avoid making the change to begin with.

Personally, I would not make a change to the car that would be considered a permanent change (couldn't be easily undone). Adding a piggyback computer is example that could cause serious issues with the engine, but most of us are willing to roll the dice for the performance increase. I would put installing a performance exhaust system on in the same category. You can undo the change if you feel it is causing an issue with your vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #19
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
As it has been said thousands and thousands of times, your warranty is to cover your vehicle against defects by the manufacturer. Having a full aftermarket exhaust on your car still under warranty coverage does not void your warranty! If you experience trouble with your car that could be related to the aftermarket part then the repairs could be at your own expense per the dealers review of the problem. In this example an aftermarket exhaust could cause issues with the computer exhaust sensors, create bad engine performance, or even lead to failure of a connected part, such as your turbo. If such a condition happens you still have coverage on all other items covered in your warranty that are not related to the aftermarket part.

So, you can make the changes to your car if you really want it, but you may be ended up be responsible for repairs if that part leads to a failure of a connected system. If you feel your part could be found to cause fault then remove it before allowing any dealer to service your car, and if that is too much trouble you have a choice to make. Make the change and live with the possible issues it may cause, or just avoid making the change to begin with.

Personally, I would not make a change to the car that would be considered a permanent change (couldn't be easily undone). Adding a piggyback computer is example that could cause serious issues with the engine, but most of us are willing to roll the dice for the performance increase. I would put installing a performance exhaust system on in the same category. You can undo the change if you feel it is causing an issue with your vehicle.
well put. Anyone that keeps mentioning anything related to voiding warrantee should read this. this is reason why a few of us went with MPE + DP
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 02:30 AM   #20
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Having a full aftermarket exhaust on your car still under warranty coverage does not void your warranty!
Agreed

Quote:
In this example an aftermarket exhaust could cause issues with the computer exhaust sensors, create bad engine performance, or even lead to failure of a connected part, such as your turbo. If such a condition happens you still have coverage on all other items covered in your warranty that are not related to the aftermarket part.
I disagree with your statement as written. If presence of an aftermarket part could be attributed to another component failure, you are deluded if you think that warranty will cover the failed part.....
      07-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #21
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

When I weight the risk vs reward I can't help to lean towards the M-Performance muffler (that's just me not advising here) which is disappointing.

1 more question what's your opinion on the following:

Does it make sense to take the risk now while the car is relatively new or do you give the car 12 months to see if it's going to be a shop queen? I know this is vague but at the same time it's my first BMW and I'm not sure what to expect.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #22
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
its always better the assume that it'll void you're warrantee, and 90% of the times it will (unless you're dealers cool with it).

same rules apply for every countless threads someone mentions about warrantee. just remove it before you take it in for maintenance. if you don't want to go through the hassle, its best not to mod.
Not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennu View Post
It's not easy to just remove a performance exhaust and replace it with the factory one then replace it back to the performance exhaust every time you have to do an oil change or some kind of service. Nor is it practical. I really want this exhaust and was seriously considering it, but if it voids warranty it's prob not going to happen for me. You can hide a piggy back by removing it but an exhaust is different.
Get it. You'll be fine. I would ask the dealer how they feel about aftermarket exhaust but 99% of them don't mind (even if cats are replaced).

Quote:

THIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Dew View Post
Agreed

I disagree with your statement as written. If presence of an aftermarket part could be attributed to another component failure, you are deluded if you think that warranty will cover the failed part.....
I think you misread what he was saying...What he said was that if it is a part in which the performance of is completely unrelated to something you changed, then its covered. If it's something else that the dealer could logically argue that your aftermarket part caused failure of, then it wont be covered.

All in all, dealers are not that bad these days, especially when it comes to exhaust.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0